This is our little Oliver.
A few days ago, he seemed off his food and a little withdrawn. I took him to our vet who seemed to thoroughly examine him and declared him healthy, saying as an outdoor cat, he’d probably just been knocked off a bit with the cold weather.
Although outdoors, he was never out for long amounts of time in the cold- but would scream holy murder, if he couldn’t get out.
Anyway, over the following few days, he declined until today, he was very unsteady in his feet and so sleepy.
I took him back to Vets today at 2.15 and at 5 pm, we sadly had to say goodbye to him- me and the girls are heartbroken.
Tragically, it seems that he had ingested antifreeze, likely from people putting it in their cars during the cold snap.
So, so sad.
Sorry fir the really glum post.