C Day tomorrow

C Day tomorrow

So after the croup and other coldy, flu things I have finally gotten my scrip t for Cosentyx and will go to the GP to have the first two injections tomorrow afternoon. I always feel very nervous before starting a new drug due to all the awful reactions I have had to medications in the past.

Anyway it is all or nothing tomorrow and hope for the best. I will be armed with my telfast and a positive attitude. I so want to have no reactions!!!!

18 Replies

oldestnewest
  • best of luck to you hope all goes well for you and you start to get some relief xx

• Thanks Lynz1983. I saw my rheumy yesterday who said it may take 9 months to kick in. I can be patient but I am just hoping no bad reactions. I live in hope!! :)

• Good luck! 😎

• Thank you :)

• Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

• Thanks Helenw7, I will.

• My god 9 months that is a long time hope you get some release before that good luck with it x

• Me too, but rheumy said it often takes that long. I told him as much as he doesn't want me to take steroids that I am going to, to get me through really busy times at work when I need to be on the ball.

• Everything crossed for you but my eyes. Please let us know how you get on. Hugs

Jan

• Thanks Jan and yes please don;t cross your eyes, we don't want any accidents. :)

• Good luck. Will be thinking of you.

Marie

• Thanks Marie. I am going in with a positive attitude and hope for the best! :)

• Good luck I am waiting to.go on Humora xxx

• Good Luck on that. I only got to have 4 injections of Humira and kept getting pericarditis so they took me off it in case it was the trigger. I can still go back to it if I need to. I tried enbrel before that and it worked well until I developed antibodies to it and it stopped working.

• Hi Someonesmother

I am waiting for my first lot of Cosentyx to be delivered.

This will be the 4th biologic I have tried and I'm hoping this one will work.

Good luck & let us know how you get on x

• This is my third. So far so good but I only had it an hour ago. No immediate reactions apart from the fact I could taste it in the back of my throat. I will let you know how I go as I hear ti causes diarrhea and nausea as common side effects. I am hoping I don;t get those.

• I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

I heard about the upset tummy too but I believe it settles over time. Here's hoping anyway!

It's very much a waiting game which can be frustrating.

Best wishes x

• I seem to have escaped this time. I think as it builds up in my system over the next few doses it may be when it impacts. I don;t care at least I had a good result this time

You may also like...