What are you reading?📚

I was just replying to a member on here and it got me thinking: what are you all reading? What would you recommend?

I'm just coming to the end of a brilliant book: What She Knew (originally called Burnt Paper Sky) by Gilly Macmillan

I was waiting for my current favourite author: C.L. Taylor's new book to be published so found a different author. But now her (C.L. Taylor) book is published : The Escape, I'm onto that next! I've read all of Cally Taylor's books and they are such a great read- I'd recommend them ☺

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have just read behind closed doors. It was a really good book.

Takes me a while to read things though I fall asleep. :)

• My favourite book, which I read every day is the bible. Especially with the anniversary of the Lord's death coming up.

• I read loads. I've been trying to get away from thrillers & picked a book that I wouldn't normally of chosen & throughly enjoyed it. Good book for discussion.A House for Happy Mothers by Aumlya Malldi, very thought provoking

• I'm enjoying The legacy of Lucy Harte by Emma Heatherington - not my usual genre of read, I'm more of a crime reader (Peter James, James Iswald etc).

Very enjoyable and thought provoking.

Someone recommended Victoria Hislop to me and I have read all her books now - they are brilliant.

• Im just reading Cats Eye, by Margaret Atwood. Really well written and observed, reminds me of memories of my own childhood and stuff I thought I'd forgotten. Read a couple of chapters early this morning when I couldn't sleep. I can't put it down.

• Reading Jam and Roses by Mary Gibson It's about the life and loves of a 1920's factory girl.Compulsive reading. Highly recommend.

• I can't seem to manage anything too cerebral these days - concentration is a bit iffy. I've just finished "Last Tango in Aberystwyth". Short, weird, funny and highly enjoyable nonsense but it beats knitting patterns!

• I know Jeffrey Archer isn't thought of too highly by many, But I have just finished the first book of The Clifton Chronicles. I listened to it on my iPod because my wrists aren't too good at holding things for any length of time. It was good bed time listening.

You may also like...