Hi everyone, not been here for a while going through a lot of pain and not getting very far with GP and consultant. RA nurse sent fax to GP suggesting I get a steroid injection for painful and swollen hands, GP not happy to do this because of my diabetes, so told to double naproxen from 250mg twice daily to 500mg twice Daily, did this for 3 days , but felt very ill, so went back to original dose.
Managed to get a cancellation appointment with Rheumy consultant on Monday and he said my diabetes was well managed and felt that he could give me a steroid injection, which I had, and then advised I should start methotrexate, but needed a chest X-ray first and blood test. Met with Rheumy nurse who went through everything with regard to MTX and told she has to wait for test results before prescribing. This may be tomorrow or Monday. I am now wondering if I should delay this until after the Christmas period as I have read about the side effects and don't want to spoil everyone's Xmas with me being ill.
I had a test to see if I could discontinue oral steroids as have been on them for over 2 years (for sarcoidosis in both lungs) and 3 stone heavier, the result of this test shows that my adrenal gland is not producing enough of my own steroid so was advised that my dosage of 5mg has to be increased to 7.5mg.
I don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment, hands giving me serious pain, feet too, GP and consultant not in agreement over meds. Just don't know where to turn.
Sorry for the long post and rant, just needed to get it off my chest.