353 days today

I remember my first few weeks of quitting, and truly believing that I would never make it to a few months, never mind nearly a year!

So for anyone else out there who feels the same....STOP! Stop worrying, stop thinking, stop analysing....just breathe. Take one day at a time and give yourself a big hug at the end of the day for being a non-smoker. :D

I won't even pretend that this journey has been easy, but in hindsight (isn't it a wonderful thing! ;))once you get over any physical withdraw symptoms you may have, it really is all in the mind. Just a silly, horrible little habit!

So for anyone out there who is feeling stressed about it, please don't. There really is light at the end of the tunnel!

3 Replies

• Ooooh so close to that big year, how fab is that?

Lovely encouraging and positive post too :D :D

• Thanks guys! Hope you're doing well with quitting?

If it inspires you any more, I had a MASSIVE craving just the other week. I was 'spring' cleaning and I always use to take a break between cleaning rooms with a ciggie and a cup of tea! :o

Anyway, when the craving hit, I actually ended up laughing about it! Seriously laughing out loud at how silly I was to be having a craving! It went within minutes.

Now 8 months ago, I would've been pacing the floor getting all agitated about it and trying to put it out of my mind.

Time is such a great healer! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Such a brilliant post Suze, I am at the agitated pacing up and down stage you were referring to :D :D Good to know its quite normal and will go eventually :) x

You may also like...