Feeling Better?

Is there a 'time' that will come where I will start to feel better or is this down to the individual? I am only on day 4 and my days are like being on a rollercoaster. I feel tired and achy and flu like ...and of course I am having dark thoughts which I am resisting!

I am looking forward to waking up one morning in the near future and having a day where I am more consistently feeling 'up' :D

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Is there a 'time' that will come where I will start to feel better or is this down to the individual? I am only on day 4 and my days are like being on a rollercoaster. I feel tired and achy and flu like ...and of course I am having dark thoughts which I am resisting!

I am looking forward to waking up one morning in the near future and having a day where I am more consistently feeling 'up' :D

LL - most to the symptoms you describe are normal, and will reduce over time. However, the "dark thoughts" sounds ominous!!! :eek:

• Hi Lindy

Sorry to hear its up and down for you today, the flu and achey symptoms are normal and sometimes referred to as smokers flu, it will hopefully pass in a couple of days, anxiety and depression can be symptoms too are you on champix? I have heard they can cause problems like this? If by dark thoughts you mean you are gagging for a cig that is totally normal, if its something a bit deeper might be worth a chat with GP if they don't clear in a few days, if you are CT could be you could do with some NRT to help you in the first couple of months, I talk from experience and I know other members have had horrible thoughts too whilst quitting.

Our brains do very odd things when we quit.....Nick O'Tine will try anything to make us give in, tomorrow is a new day hopefully you will feel a bit better xx

• LL - most to the symptoms you describe are normal, and will reduce over time. However, the "dark thoughts" sounds ominous!!! :eek:

Oh LOL, nothing sinister, just that deep desire for a cig.

Ok so sounds like its different for everyone. I knew the flu achy signs were normal I just wondered how long they took to pass. I feel exhausted and now wish id take an extra week off work under the duvet lol :)

• Not taking Champix Donna :)

• How do you feel this morning LL? :)

• Hey just saw this :) Thanks for asking. Physically I'm feeling battered and drained but mentally I think I am in a good place today :D

Hope all is ok with you?

You may also like...