Day 6 !

Hi all,

Well one more day until I can say i have been cig free for a week!

Feels surreal, but I am starting to notice the benefits already.

I generally feel so much healthier in myself, and nobody in my house is coughing, and my clothes don't stick. I am not constantly thinking about having a cig when I am out.

You don't realise how much smoking takes over your life, until you quit. But I love being free from the chains of it.

I hope you all have a lovely day,

Michelle xxxx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi all,

Well one more day until I can say i have been cig free for a week!

Feels surreal, but I am starting to notice the benefits already.

I generally feel so much healthier in myself, and nobody in my house is coughing, and my clothes don't stick. I am not constantly thinking about having a cig when I am out.

You don't realise how much smoking takes over your life, until you quit. But I love being free from the chains of it.

I hope you all have a lovely day,

Michelle xxxx

Lots of positive thoughts there well done on day 6!!!.....a week tomorrow then :eek:!!

Keep it up xx

• Day 6 for me too..

Hi everybody..

I found this site yesterday and thought i'd join up - safety and reassurance in numbers eh..!

So i'm on Day 6.. feeling far more lively and dare i say almost smug (dangerous i know) but the first 3 days seemed the hardest.. so far that is..!

Look forward to reading more posts..

Keep the faith

I'm Spartacus..

• Hi everybody..

I found this site yesterday and thought i'd join up - safety and reassurance in numbers eh..!

So i'm on Day 6.. feeling far more lively and dare i say almost smug (dangerous i know) but the first 3 days seemed the hardest.. so far that is..!

Look forward to reading more posts..

Keep the faith

I'm Spartacus..

Hi Spartacus

Well done on day 6 :) keep up the good work :)

P.s it was never the same after Andy Whitfield passed away IMO :( :(

• Day 6!!

I feel the same, much better within myself and already finding exercise easier! :)

I got a coat out this morning that hadn't worn in a while and realised just how much it stinks! Even felt embarrassed to wear it out!

Well done to everyone who is sticking to their new years resolution! :)

Sam xx

• Day 7 here we go

..Almost made a week now - was thinking of all the incentives to stop that i have which seems to help:

1) for my beautiful baby son - watching him grow up healthy and knowing i'll be around

2) financially - saving between £200-£300 per month

3) my health - goes without saying

4) losing the accrid smell of smoke on my clothes and in my house

5) sleeping better - helping to cure my sleep apnoea

6) less out of breath (hopefully) when playing sport

7) losing that dulling sense of "hopelessness" every time i smoked and said to myself "i'll give up soon, just not now"

I'm sure there are loads more too.. looking forward to finding out..

Keep the faith everyone..!

I'm Spartacus :)

• Don't forget you will no longer be controlled by cigs, you can now do stuff you would once of been put off by the thought of 'but when/where will I be able to smoke??'! :)

Stay strong!!

Sam xx

You may also like...