Day 28 cravings and smelly wkend

Yipeeee 28 days today £200 saved.....

Really struggled last week and so hard to describe more of a want than a crave...its those voices again... because of this I was really worried about going out Saturday night and warned my friends not to give me a fag...We meet at a friends house for drinks before we hit the town there was 7 of us, 5 smokers and me and a friend who quit at the same time, we all sat in the kitchen and the smokers smoked one after another cant even say it bothered me until I got in the pub and I could smell myself I absolutely stunk and this was confirmed by a non smoker I felt really embarrassed!!!!then whilst standing next to someone smoking I actually started to heave, all the passive smoking must have just got to me.

All night I kept thinking of the Nicodemon and the egg and very drunkenly tried to explain it to my friend who has quit she must have thought I had gone mad lol..but she ended up having a drag its so easy...

This is a really strange quit as I crave more when Im away from smokers than when im with them it doesn't make me want one just the reverse...xx

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi debbieh yeah maybe thats it been spending a lot of time on my own because cant be bothered to do anything (think it has to do with quit)...thinking im missing smoking lol....have decided I am gonna kick my **** into gear this week and get my bathroom painted but its now nearly 10 and am sat on here still in my dressing gown..:eek:

• Well done Toyah, i have only had thoughts not cravings so far (im using champix though) and when i smell smoke it makes me heave big time, i end up holding my breath when walking up town lol, keep strong :)

• Thanks spooks....yeah the smell really makes me heave especially peoples breath..xx

• You may have struggled Toyah but you got through it. It will get easier every time. That's another point to you and another slap to the nicodemon.

• Fantastic achievent, with five smokers, that is amazing will power.

• thanks Mark and marta.....xxx

• Brilliant willpower Toyah! I too find that it's easier to be around smokers as it is very off putting!!! I found my quit to be a roller coaster of emotions and quite personality changing at times.

I became a bit reclusive for a while - particularly when I was down about missing my "best friend". It took me a few months to realise that smoking was not my best friend at all - but I needed distance from it to realise that.

You are doing so well in your quit and your ability to resist temptation should see you go from strength to strength!

Sarah

• Hi there Sarah...I know what you mean about the reclusive bit....would sooner sit on my sofa and read than go out and about and must say I feel a bit like Ive lost something or somethings missing well long may it stay missing lol...Got a bit of work today then im gonna paint my bathroom ceiling...xx

You may also like...