No Smoking Day
2,567 members31,304 posts

Day 4 wooohooo

I am a non smoker :D My heart is finally catching up with what I have been telling it since I read the book. cravings are minor, just feel light headed every now and then, I no longer feel sad when I remember I have quit. And whilst I have been telling people very confidently from the beginning that I will never smoke again, I actually believe myself now.

My little app on my phone tells me I have not smoked 73 cigarettes and have saved £26, I no longer feel ashamed, or have to hide or carry lots of perfumes, mints, handwashes. I can kiss my children without having to brush my teeth and wash my hands.

and when I go back on placement, I wont live in fear of any of the pregnant mums realising I smoke - I will be able to handle the long shifts with no breaks - and not worry I am breathing out fumes onto new babies hours after I last smoked.

Sorry I have rambled on a bit, but I have read all of your posts over the past few days, and it really does help.

x

1 Reply
oldestnewest

Fantastic, good for you. You are sounding really positive about it all! Keep up the good work, and always be on your guard in case of any unexpected craves. :)

You may also like...