Day 6 for me - Ive still not coughed anything up

Im hoping that this is normal?

I had a pretty bad cough in the mornings as a smoker, and thats disapearing but i expected to be coughing up loads of crap by now.

I still get cravings, but ive managed to get through a drunken night out, watch my football team twice, and be in the company of other smokers.

I used Nicroette gum, but today is the first day without it, although ive kept it in my pocket as a just incase, but using orbit complete as a replacement now.

Id be gutted to fail now, im not foolish enough to think i cant.

Good luck to everyone else quiting, and remember your already an ex smoker.

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I thought I was going to get away with not coughing crap up but about 1 month in it hit for me. Everyone is different and will get it at different stages.

Well done on getting to day 6.

Sian

• Thanks, good to know.

Karri - they won one, lost one so ive dealt with both up's and down's without the fags:cool:

1st day off the gum though, and i have to say ive not had the best of times since about lunch time. I reckon if i can do today without it, day 7 will be a lot easier.

• Hiya,

i am 7 months into my quit and never had the hacking up gunk thankfully!

• I didn't cough anything up and didn't suddenly get to taste stuff better.

I didn't feel like I had a new burst of energy but others commented that I did.

The only thing I genuinely noticed is something best not mentioned in polite company. :eek:

It would appear that your recovery route is as individual as your quit. :)

• Nope no coughing here either, and I am/was quite disappointed as it seemed to me that this was a sign of healing! Although I see Levs got the cough after a month, and since I'm only on a month now...

Did have a bad case of what Stav coined 'windy-pops' for quite a while! (guessing this is what you're referring to as well Austin!) Thankfully (for all those around me) that has now gone!:D

Good luck with the quit - oh and with your footie team!

• Did have a bad case of what Stav coined 'windy-pops' for quite a while! (guessing this is what you're referring to as well Austin!) Thankfully (for all those around me) that has now gone!:D

See now that just shows how different peoples minds work, that was not at all what I thought of :eek::D

• Tsk Tsk Tsk You girls (Karri and Levs) have SUCH dirty minds :D :eek:

Or maybe I'm just a bit dumb :o

Ok AUSTIN coooooeeeeee. What DID you mean????:)

• ive possibly spoke to soon:D

Just been out the bath an hour and ive got a soar throat and im having to clear it out often. Goodbye poison.:cool:

• Ok AUSTIN coooooeeeeee. What DID you mean????:)

I meant an increase in libido, or "didgereedoo improvements" apparently.

Even better I didn't realise they needed improving! :D

• Or maybe I'm just a bit dumb :o

I think the quote covers all I need to say here :D

I meant an increase in libido, or "didgereedoo improvements" apparently.

Even better I didn't realise they needed improving!

Have to say I only knew because I have had to same side effect :o:D

• Oh. :o ummmm. Red faced! Certainly not had that side effect yet.

You may also like...