Hi, I'm Karen.
I'm going to stop smoking today. I have 4 cigerettes left, and then i'm going to put a patch on. Wish me luck.
I've smoked since I was 13, I'm 36 now. I did stop 5 years ago, with the help of patches, but returned to smoking after my last child was born.
My Mother in law has emphasema (sp) she was only diagnosed last year, and already she can barely walk, uses a wheelchair, needs oxygen, and has lost so much weight that she looks like a living skeleton. I never ever want to get like that, she still smokes 40+ cigerettes a day too
So I'm gonna list my reasons for stopping and then hopefully in the days that follow i can look at this post and it'll motivate me to carry on.
1) My children. I don't want to get cancer and die and leave my children.
2) I don't want to end up so addicted like my MIL and get lung disease
3) Money - I will save £25 a week
4) I don't want to age prematurely and have that wrinkled look around the mouth that smokers have when they get to their 50's.
5) I want to be more healthy, i don't want to be breathless and wheezey, weeks after having a cold.
Anyway thanks for reading, if anyone has I've already visited a stop smoking clinic, and have my patches waiting for me in the drawer. In 3 hours I'll be having my last cigerette, hopefully this time for good. Wish me luck.