I have been quit 10 weeks and have, until yesterday, found things relatively easy because I was so determined. However, got some worrying news yesterday, and since then have really wanted to smoke. I haven't given in at this point, so I thought that listing my reasons here will help to reaffirm my quit. Here goes:
1. I have 5 children, 3 of whom are under 5 years old. They are going to need their mummy around for quite a while yet.
2. Sick of hiding from the children in order to have a smoke.
3. Sick of always planning my days around smoking eg when and where.
4. As an asthmatic, I should have taken far better care of myself.
5. It's too expensive to smoke and I'd rather the money was in my pocket than the tobacco company's.
6. Didn't really like getting cold and wet when I needed to smoke.
7. A death from cancer or emphysema is not the way I wish to go.
8. I hate the way smoking made my clothes and hair smell.
9. My skin deserves a chance to breathe.
10. I never liked feeling like a social outcast.
In the past ten weeks, I've thoroughly enjoyed being a non-smoker. I guess today I forgot that.