Pow-break that habit!!!

hi thought id touch base with you all-i am still going strong and feeling great!

still get the odd urge but soon fades-so newbies DONT LOSE HOPE!!!!-if i can do it -then bloody hell anyone can

One thing i have noticed is - because i have broken the habit of smoking other habits have been dropped aswell-i have stopped biting my nails!!! i have looooong talons-to scratch yer backs hehe!!

has any one else found a change in other habits or life changes-mentally or physically????

love you all xxxx

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Nope all other habits the same!

But I do feel a bit too grown up now!!

• yes-i feel too grown up and miss 'purity' goody too shoes-but hey!! been a naughty girl for far too long!!;)

• been a naughty girl for far too long!!;)

I believe one can still be naughty as a on smoker :p

• Hi shabba, good to hear you're doing well! Definitely encouraging to us noobs :)

That's interesting about stopping biting your nails, I'm really bad with mine (nearly down to the first knuckle haha). Did it just eventually fade away or did you make a conscious effort to stop it?

Hope you're still keeping that lovely figure in trim too ;)

• hi chuds

no i just stopped biting them-didnt realise until i scratched myself!!! i must have bitten my nails when gagging for a fag when in meetings, pubs,flying ect ect, but now that urge has gone the nails have grown-yipee!

hey!!! lost 2 pounds too-but want to keep the cuuuuurves to be honest!!! need chocolate hehe

youre coming along nicely too chuds well done matey!!!;) hope youre feeling strong and positive x:)

• I have found that I am no longer constantly fidgeting when in the car in traffic (I never smoked in the car, so on long journeys would be itching to get out) or in meetings etc.

I don't agree with the purity thing either.... plenty of options to be naughty now that the energy are so high

• I know when I quit when I was in my twenties, I actually lost weight. I put in on to start with but I stopped picking at food when I stopped smoking. I think I used to use food to get me through the working day (when I couldn't smoke).

Once I had stopped smoking, I didn't need to pick at food either.

I hope I can lose the weight I am putting on at the moment as I get further into my quit!

• Hi jerry lee!

you are doing blooming marvelous!!! and im sure when you settle into non smoking kingdom you will start to lose the weight xxxx;)

Hi Stu-hope you are in a happier place, now you are back with the family from a boring work trip xxx

By the way planning to be a naughty non smoker tonight!!!;););)

• Hi Shabba:D

glad you are feeling good I have noticed i don't look at the clock so much now as for the naughty thing maybe i should look into this in case i miss anything HA HA

Love margaret

• Hi Margareth!!

hope you are doing okay and the nico-demons are keeping at bay-good to hear from you xxxx:p

• Cool to hear you are going strong,

I'm new, as in a coupla days.

• Hi Reddlyon

Good for you-you are through the worst-i have managed nearly 5 months now-feel bloody great, yes still think of smoking but so what! I can tell you if i can do it you can!! no blooming willpower at all!!! but i have learnt laughing at myself when feeling crap really helps!! dont care if people think im crazzzzy

prefer to be a crazy non smoker!!

keep it up;)

• I know when I quit when I was in my twenties, I actually lost weight. I put in on to start with but I stopped picking at food when I stopped smoking. I think I used to use food to get me through the working day (when I couldn't smoke).

Once I had stopped smoking, I didn't need to pick at food either.

I hope I can lose the weight I am putting on at the moment as I get further into my quit!

Jerry, I am hoping this is what is wrong with me. I was forever at the vending machine / coffee bar / canteen at work when smoking and hope this wa all replacement fags. Don't feel the need to be snacking so much now so hoping that I will actually end up slimmer than I was as a smoker once I get the exercise back up to speed.

Do you have a time frame that you can remember <clutching at straws> ?

You may also like...