Anyone thinking of quiting?

I have returned after a lovely message from a member, which has kicked me into wanting to quit again.

Anyone wanting to join me as a quit buddy, either post here or drop me a PM and we'll set a date :eek:

For those that don't know me - I gave up for 3 years, hit a bad time in my life and started again last summer.

I want to set a date to quit again - come on who's gonna take the plunge with me?

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hope you find lots of quit buddies, rizla.

Sorry to hear the dreaded weed got you again! N'er mind, important thing is that you're starting over again. Good job!

• hi

hiya i am new and my quit day will be friday the 25th of april so i am happy to be a quit buddy if you want :D

i willbe on patches what about you? i am around a 30 a day smoker and have been smoking for about 16 years and im only 26 :eek: so my poor lungs need a rest

feel free to email anytime

jill

• Oh yay! Another one onboard! Welcome to the forum jill, you were very young when you started!

Good Luck :D

• welcome rizla & jill...

hope you get a team together and

loads of luck with your quits

nicky

• hiya guys and thank you.

and yes i was very young and very stupid when i started and i wish i never had but thats why i am quiting now. plus my hubby is quiting to as we want to move over to nz and by stopping we can save the money we need in just 2 years.

good luck all

• Thanks everyone for your PM's and posts.

I have not made a quit day yet, unfortunately we had a death in the family at the weekend, so I'm thinking now is not a good idea to stop - not an excuse, I just want to be in a good place emotionally, cos damn it I am gonna do it this time ;)

I'll be around to support all those quitting :D

• Please do not SHOUT in my thread - thank you!

Good for you Green Rizla (assume you were a roller upper) three years is one hell of a long time to quit (i'd be gutted) - you''ll know all the tricks and hopefully this time you'll succeed for ever. Best of luck etc.....

Catch you later

regards

Sue

I have been quit for 2 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 11 hours, 13 minutes and 50 seconds (73 days). I have saved £805.46 by not smoking 3,673 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 5 Days, 18 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 06/02/2008 21:17

• Hi Rick

You ok not seen you for a bit or is it me HEHE. Linda xxx

• Hi, I'm also a newbie to the site (not to cigs unfortunately). Trying to quit smoking but keep falling off the wagon!

Maybe a quit buddy is what I need??!!

Would dearly love to kick this habit for good.

• Hi, I'm also a newbie to the site (not to cigs unfortunately). Trying to quit smoking but keep falling off the wagon!

Maybe a quit buddy is what I need??!!

Would dearly love to kick this habit for good.

You came to the right place!

Welcome ;)

• Welcome Evey...

hope you find yourself a quit buddy - sure helped

me:)

in the meantime - read read read anything

and everything you can about quitting - it really helps..

good luck, keep posting, we're all here to help

(well most of us are...)

nicky

• Thanks for all the good advice.

Hope to start, well.... stop on Saturday. Need a fresh supply of the patches and a large bottle of will-power (still can't seem to find it in the shops tho).

In the words of Arnie, I'll be back!

• Hi Evey

I'm hoping to quit on saturday. my partner is on day 6 of quitting on sheer willpower but i find i get to day 3 and i crack so i think i need a quit buddy too. i've been smoking for 15 years but we want to get married next year so we need to save.

• Thank you, i've decided to quit today. why keep buying cigs for another couple of days

• CONGRATULATIONS Chelle

hope you have a great day, stay positive, stay strong, keep posting and we will all get through this together...

good luck, you can do it...:D

nicky

You may also like...