About to start Day 14

Well I am about to complete Day 13.

I went out to a movie for the first time since I quit. For the first time in years I did not think of smoking during the entire movie. (3:10 to Yuma.. good flick)

However, as soon as the credits started rolling and I stood up I was blindsided by a huge smoking trigger. It is kind of funny how the mind works. I just recognized it for what it was... a trigger.. and let it go.

Well Day 14 will start for me in less then 2 hours. I am eager to make it through it and move on to week 3!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning Jon. Well done you for getting through the filmhttp://img99.exs.cx/img99/8577/yupi3ti.gif

I'm on day 10 now- double figures. Had a couple of triggers but nothing I couldn,t handle. what keeps me going is that I know the hardest part is over and by giving in now I'd be right back where I started and I don't want to go through it again!

• Ah what a key point made! I just recognized it for what it was... a trigger.. and let it go. that's pure genius!! many people would benefit from reading that!!!

Well done jon Way to go!!! :D

~Buffy x x

Ooooh I get a mention in karens signature :D wooo hooo

• :) Well done dude keep up the good work

• I'm tagging right behind you!

Almost halfway through day 13! Today seemed much easier than yesterday. I have decided to stay away from alchohol for awhile because i know it be a huge trigger. I usually like to enjoy a few beers on Sunday while watching the football games. Good luck and keep going!

Quit: Monday Oct. 1 @ 6am

Smoked: 10-15 per day for 27 yrs.

Method: cold turkey

Slips: none

• Well we are both going to be entering day 16 very soon. Woooo Hooooo

Keep going:)

• YAY!!! Great job! Keep going you are doing great! :D

You may also like...