HELP !!: I don’t know what to do ! I joined... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS
97,561 members51,456 posts

HELP !!

energy1
energy1Restart Sept 2019
4 Replies

I don’t know what to do !

I joined last year ! After joined started of ok then started to get unwell catching chest infections ! Then in November was tested for COPD result was postive turned my world up side down ! Since then been trying to gain my strength and start to look after myself and eat better !

I have turned to you guys to give me not encouragement and tips how to get my health and mindfulness back on track !

4 Replies
oldestnewest
BridgeGirl
BridgeGirlAdministrator

I'm sure the COPD is difficult thing to deal with. and I hope it is being managed as best it can.

As for weight loss, I suggest you make full use of the forum, reading, chatting, asking questions and encouraging others, as that's what keeps the wheels rolling.

A good starting place is joining a weekly weigh in and using the Daily Diary. You'll find these and everything else in Pinned Posts healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

gman1961
gman1961Working at it

Hi energy1,

My neighbour has copd, and they have managed to lose weight over the last few months.i will ask how they did it ,but I think it was alcohol reduction that helped them.

Good luck

Gary

2 likes
PippiRuns

I’m sorry you have to deal with such a serious condition. I can only imagine how chocking it was to be diagnosed. Do you have a support group or somebody to talk to? I know there’s a lung forum here on Healthunlocked healthunlocked.com/blf and the British Lung Foundation facilitates support groups blf.org.uk/support-for-you/...

My father has COPD. He is taking part in a pulmonary rehabilitation programme. Was something like that offered to you?

1 like
Tiggerr

Sorry to hear about this setback energy but congrats on knuckling down and deciding to take control of your destiny.

Some great replies already and quite a bit to be getting on with. Additionally I'd suggest you do two things here and, if you haven't done so already, make them a permanent part of your day to day life... Use the Weekly Weigh-in regardless of whether the scales are going down or up and use the Daily Diary which can help bring structure to your eating habits.

All the best! :) :)

You may also like...