Tuesday Trimmers Weigh In

Tuesday Trimmers Weigh In

Welcome to Tuesday Trimmers!

Please do not reply to this post until Tuesday 30th May.

I hope that you've all had a good weekend and despite the Bank Holiday, are pleased with the results on the scales today. If this isn't the case, don't get despondent, weight loss isn't linear and we're all human. Think of where things may have slipped a little. If you're convinced that you've had a squeaky clean week, then take out the tape measure and see if you've lost inches instead. If that fails to satisfy too, then look back to the beginning of your journey and be proud of how far you've come. Progress may be slow, but if you keep the faith and stick to plan, you'll eventually get the results you've been wanting.

Our aim today, is to support and encourage, so we ask that everyone responds to at least one other member, ideally the person directly ahead of you on the thread. This is a bare minimum, though and we'd love to see everyone, with their pom poms, cheering as many people as they wish, on as many days as they like!

It would make things so much easier for us, if you could state your weight today, how much weight you've lost/gained/maintained this week and your goals for the week ahead. Other than that, feel free to share any details of your week that you like.

This is how you report today's weight:

Last week I weighed ????, this week I weigh ????, that's a loss/gain/maintain of ????

(Add a few words about your week and your aim for the following week)

Welcome all Newbies:

If you're joining this weigh-in group for the first time today, then please introduce yourself and share your starting weight and your initial weight loss goals. Setting yourself mini-goals, leading to your ultimate weight loss goal, is particularly helpful. You could also make a note of your body measurements. Sometimes the scales stick at a particular weight, but there can be body measurement changes which are very motivating. It’s not all about the scales after all – it’s how you feel in yourself.

If you’ve not already seen it, then take a moment to read the ‘Welcome Newbie’ pack, which is a Pinned post (situated on the right hand side of the homepage, or scroll right down to the bottom, if you're using a mobile).

Please only use this thread if you're weighing in on Tuesday, 30th May 2017.

Onwards and downwards!!

STATS: 23rd May 2017

Total number weighing in - 21

Total number of replies - 183

Average number of replies - 8.71

Total amount of weight lost - 13.06lbs / 5.92kgs

Total amount of weight gained - 1lbs / 0.45kgs

Total number who maintained - 5

Newbies/Restarts - 4

Average weight lost - 0.70lbs / 0.31kgs

Number of members who did not disclose their weight - 0

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

107 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning Tuesday Trimmers! I am home briefly in between camping trips for a quick wash and food restock - off to a festival in a couple of hours time, and not back till Monday. So careful meal planning has been well out of the window and will be for another week. Just got to hope that the extra dashing about will compensate.

I wasn't planning to weigh myself this morning as literally only home for 12 hours, but I did anyway (might be slightly addicted to the scales!), and wonderfully, miraculously, I am the same as last week! 10st5. Planned maintenance, tick. I am very pleased.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, and I hope your scales are smiling this morning.

• Well done jiminycricket, realistic expectation paid off for you. Sounds like you are having a fab time. Stick to your guns and continue your maintenance.... One day I will be as focused as you 😄

• Well done on maintaining, on what sounds a jolly week. Enjoy the festival, and hope the sun comes back out for you all.

• no mud, thats all I ask....

• Well done, JC! Have fun at the festival :)

• Well done for STS and enjoy the break. 😊👍

• Congratulations on maintaining, obviously all that fresh air is working for you.

• Great maintain Jimnycricket, especially given the circumstances. Enjoy the festival :)

• Well done Jiminycricket. Have a great time!

• Well done!!! you should be well proud of yourself, you must have somehow managed to make those healthy choices even when planning was near on impossible!!

• Good morning all :)

Thank you Trimmerteacher for the encouraging words.

Last week I weighed 11st 11 lbs, this week I weigh 11st 8lbs, that's a loss of 3lbs

I am pleased with that, I had the underlying dream/vision that the loss would have been more.... Perhaps closer to 7 or maybe 10lbs 🙃 as I've been doing heavy gardening over the past 3 days. Now, I know my dream was unreasonable, weight does not fall off just because I it want to, it comes off through hard work and determination. I think I need to sort my mind out so my body can achieve sensible things! 😄

So, I did try the excercise video class last week. It took me 4 days to recover from the beginners session 🙈

I didnt realise HOW unfit I have become. In my head I'm still the trim, fit gym member I was 12 years ago. So reality bites, I've got to rebuild from scratch. Going to aim to walk the 1 mile to work 3 times this week, more digging in the garden evenings and weekend and throw in some legs, arms and core work a couple of times too.

I will be happy if I lose 2lbs for next week.

Eat well, move around lots everyone.

• Well done Noyoyo, 3lb is a great loss!

You sound very determined, so I am sure you will have another great week.

Heaven help those little weeds in your garden :)

• 3lbs is a great loss !! Losing more is basically unsustainable and you'll just get it all back with bells on if you aim for a faster loss. 2lbs a week is a great goal. You are right its all about getting it right and realistic in your head, and accepting that its going to take a while - and thats not just OK, its the best way. Good luck!

• Well done Noyoyo . You've done really well, and sound so positive and focussed. With some great on going life changes like the walk to work one. All the best, and out of interest which exercise video did you do ?

• Brilliant, noyoyo! 😊

• Great loss for the week, Noyoyo - you should be very proud of that. I sympathise on the fitness front, but the good news is that it doesn't take too long to start feeling the benefit of increased activity - and it feels really good! Have a good week :)

• 3lbs is brill bet you are so pleased👍

• Congratulations, 3lbs is a huge loss you should definitely be very proud of the hard work you undertook to get there.

• Well done! Thats a great loss! Well done on the exercise too :-)

• Morning All.

Last week I weighed 12st 10, this week 12st 9.5.. only a tiny loss, but a very busy Bank Hol weekend with family staying, so I am pleased that I have lost anything.

This week onwards and downwards, as Anna says in her post.

I have to write everything down otherwise I become too complacent, and start to head in the opposite direction.

Exercise wise all is well, took part in Weekend Warrior Challenge with some buddies on here, that was very motivational, and am looking forward to the next one..

Also have our son's dog for the next 3 weeks, so walkies, is the key word, although sometimes she is not keen to get out if it is raining, and stops dead in her tracks, with her head down.

So, looking for a 2 lb loss next week, I need that 7lb badge soon..and then will climb the mountain for the 1 stone..

All the advice and support on here is invaluable to me.. thank you everyone:)

• You still had a loss with all that going on? Well done you! Enjoy your dog walking this week. I'm going to try my best to stick to what I've told everyone I'm going to do... Best motivation ever, saving face 😉

• Well done! I write everything down too, its just the best way. Also if you have a brilliant loss one week, then you have a ready made menu plan!!

• A 2lb loss in a week is very respectable - enjoy your walkies!

• Half off is better than half on lol so pat yourself on the back! Enjoy the dog walking!

• Great cer2dwin. A loss is a loss. Sure you'll be claiming that badge in no time :) Especially with lots of 'walkies' on the horizon. Lets hope for sunshine 8-)

• Magunn post your weight in here and then every Tuesday!👍

• 18 stone 12 pounds!!

• Morning all

Last week i weighed 12st 9.5lb, this week i weigh 12st 7lb, thats a loss of 2.5lb, well pleased. I'm on week 5 of the nhs chart, upped calories to take into account BMI and it's working, got to continue this as still have around 3st to loose. Counting calories and weighing food works for me, keeping a notebook/food diary makes calculations easier. I'm on a course of steroids and so far they're not seeming to make a difference to weight or hunger. Have a good week everyone.

• Well done MinnieB46 . That's a really good week, best wishes to you for the coming week aswell .

• Thats a great result, well done. Its amazing isnt it, getting the calories right even it it means eating more.

• An excellent result MinnieB46 - well done. Sounds like you have found a good formula for weight loss and I have no doubt that you will achieve your goal! :)

• Well done thats a very good loss after a bank holiday! Good luck for next week :-)

• Fantastic MinnieB46. So glad the plan is working for you, keep it up. Bonus that the steroids are not affecting you :) I ate like superman when on them a few years ago.

• Good morning everyone, and hope you all had a good...if damp bank holiday weekend.

The not so cheery news is that I have crept back in to the 11's.

Last week 10:13, today 11.00 ☹️☹️☹️☹️

That increase has given me a much needed shake. There is something desperate about going up to the next "stone" , 10:13 sounds so much lower than 11.00.

So , trying to put a positive spin on it, I shall try and use it as a much needed wake up call. I have got a bit lax lately. I've been off work following an operation on my hand....yes hand, not my legs, not my feet, so absolutely no reason why my exercise levels have plummeted . Plus my eating " treats" seem to have turned from occasional treats to everyday necessities .

So here we are , about to start a new month, the month that I turn 60. My original goal was to get down to 10 stone by my birthday. Well , I think that goal is unlikely now, but surely I could make more effort and go all out for ....dunno, anything, something, just a drop of sorts would do me . Must go, as I need to put my hob nail boots on so I can give myself a kick up the proverbial !!!

• Yes that's a good approach - sometimes the shock of a new number can be whats needed. That's what got me here in the first place. Channel that frustration!! Why don't you set a new, realistic and firm goal for your birthday, and make a really clear plan for achieving it. Have you tried the daily diary? I'm not using it, but I can see how its really helping lots of people - that daily accountability and planning what you are going to eat. Maybe that would get you back on track if you did it until your birthday?

• Be careful you don't damage yourself Bertieboy ! Sounds to me that you have identified the problem, "occasional treats" becoming "everyday necessities"? For me, that is cheese.... A half oz (15g) a couple of times a week is one thing, but I always, always put on weight if I eat what I used to think was a normal helping, of 2-3 oz (60g or so) on a regular basis. And chocolate... Oh yes, and cake.... Hmmm.

Hope you manage to get that back under control and you will see the 10s again very soon, I am sure! By next week??? Good luck!

• Hope you are feeling ok after your op😊 Have you had carpel tunnel op? I had that a few years ago blinking annoying doing everything one handed lol we never appreciate what we have till its gone even if temporary.

Shock over and now baxk to business you will soon see the 10's again now you are probably more focused after getting the op out the way.

Good luck for next week hope you bounce back into the 10's.😊👍

• Itsbab , thanks for asking about my op. Actually it was a trapezoidectomy , because of a really painful arthritic joint. I'm hoping it will mean much less pain, but I don't think I realised just how much strength I would lose in that hand. I carried two dinner plates from the kitchen work surface to the table last week, couldn't take the weight, and promptly dropped one of the plates. Actually maybe it's a silver lining after all. My husband and I had to share the remaining meal that night, so half the portion = half the calories. Now that's a cracking idea to get back into the 10's before my big birthday , just keep dropping one on the floor !!!

• Dont be glum, realisticly thats only one pound gain, although I see what youre saying. On the positives you know what went wrong and how to fix it, you can do it!

• Bad luck Bertieboy. I'm in the same boat a bit. Three weeks ago before my holiday I was 9t 9lb exactly, today I am 9st 9.4lb. Having said that, it could have been so much worse, were it not for the Daily Diary! I put on 4.5lb on holiday and the discipline of the diary has helped me shed that. I hope with the diary's help to lose at least a lb by next week. Have a great week everyone.

• Good luck! ~You are only 0.4 more than 3 weeks ago - you'll shake that off in no time! Best of luck next week

• Thanks for the support and boost JiminyCricket .

I would say onward and upward, but I think I mean onward and downward !!!

• definitely!

• That's a great way of looking at it and so true! :)

• Your boat sounds a bit more sea worthy than mine Trimmerteacher , mine feels like it's sinking fast with loss of crew....that me !!!

I don't do the dairy diary, so maybe I should. That would feel like at least I'm trying a bit harder, and being a bit more pro active. I will check it out and all being well I could aim to start it on June 1st.

Have a good week .

• The Daily Diary has been so good for me, Bertieboy. Just posting on here what I plan to eat makes me think about it so much more carefully in the planning, and so much less likely to go off piste! Give it a try!

• Good morning all.....sorry I missed last week's weigh in but I can say that I was 18st 5lbs last week and 18st 6lbs this week. 1lb gained and 1/2 inch back on my waist, but an overall loss of 3lbs over the three weeks since starting this healthier lifestyle. I have been going for a walk every day but didn't quite do the 150 mins last week, so my target for this week is 150 minutes.

Have a great week everyone...

• Well done for looking at the bigger picture - you might find that you fluctuate from week to week, but keep a downward trend overall. Just keep going, stick to your calories and it WILL work. Hopefully you'll feel the health benefits for eating better food as well, its not just about weight.

• Thanks Jiminy......eating healthy food is no problem it's the exercise. Before I just used to sit in front of the computer for most of the day and took no exercise but now I try to spend as little time as possible, and it has already made a difference.

• Slow and steady wins the race and 3lbs over 3 weeks sounds great to me. Hope you have a fab week and get your 150mins in😊👍

• I'm just beginning to realise that slow and steady is the best way forward Itsbab. All efforts are being made for the 150 mins. Have a great week yourself.

• No worries, peggysue, you were 18st 8lbs when you weighed in a fortnight ago, which gives you an average loss of 1lb :)

• Many thanks moreless.

I'm having trouble trying to find my previous posts though so I can check what I have written. Any ideas where to find them? Thanks

• If you click on your name, at the top of the page, then choose profile from the dropdown, you'll be taken to your profile page. Click on replies and you can run through every single reply you've ever made :)

• Great thanks moreless.

• Youre ding well on the exercise, if you nearly made it lat week, so you wil definately make it this week :-)

• Thanks reynajane..just hope the weather stays fine for all these walks.

Have a good week.

• 8st 9. Same as last week..:! Was my and the hubbys anniversary week, so lots of drinks and treats. Whoops!Onwards and downwards from here I guess...!

• STS isn't so bad and anniversarys are to be celebrated hope you have a good week next week. 😊👍

• Not a bad week, just not a stellar one! Nothing you can't fix either, seeing as you can identify where the extras came from! Have a good week this week :)

• Thank you 😊 I'll have to put double effort in this week! Ga

• Hi Trimmerteacher and everyone and happy Tuesday!

I am weighing in at very marginally less than last week, recording the minutest loss, but still a loss, so that's good!

Last week: 12 st 1.0 lb

This week: 12 st 0.4 lb

Loss therefore of 0.6 lb (See what I mean?)

On the positive front, looking back at the beginning of the month, I was 12 st 4 lb on the 1st May, so slowly, slowly, ever so slowly, I am getting there!

The downside is that it is going to take me absolutely forever at this rate to get to my first goal of 11 st 5 lb (plan to review when I get there) unless I do something radical. I can't really up my exercise as my knees start complaining so that would be counter-productive. So it will have to be something on the diet front. Or maybe I should just resign myself to this very slow downward trajectory....

Have a good week everyone :)

• Hi Dietbunny I can see that you are really frustrated at the slow loss, but just keep in mind that a little down is better than a little up. Keep doing what you are doing now and believe in slowly but surely it is going to get to where you want to go :D I wish you all the best and a sunny week ahead. :D

• Thank you Mammou and of course, you are absolutely right - it's just frustration! The direction is the right one - have a good week yourself :)

• Slow and steady is always good - positive direction! Just total up where you will be in two months at that rate of loss. May make it seem a bit better? 😊

That's what I'm trying to do as my loss is also going to be slow and steady! I refuse to cut out all treats so accepting the slower weight loss. Means I will keep it off!

• Sounds like me - what is life without a few treats! So there we have it.... And, in two months time, if I keep up the same overall trajectory, I should be a stable 11 st. 12 lb. Which is over a stone from where I started, it will just have taken a year to get there. But then, given that it probably took longer than that to put it on, it's not really that bad! And, like you, I really, really don't want to put it back on this time. Have a good week! :)

• Well done on the loss, its the right direction, and ive heard that the slower the loss the more likely it is to stay off? I can only do limited exercise like you so I feel for you x

• Good morning all, It has been a very sunny (with patches of rain) weekend and the garden is looking great. I worked alongside my daughter and there is now not a patch in the garden that has not got colour and is without those pesky weeds sticking their head out! :D That is where my good news unfortunately ends :( I am now waiting for the "whoosh" moment to arrive. I have upped the exercise with cycling a few times a week with Dobbin and doing some aquarobics and swimming. I have also tried upping the calories to the mid-range (my range is 1500 to 1900) so I have tried to stay around 1600-1700cals a day as this seemed to have helped a lot of the peeps on this forum. The scale has not shown any support to go down, but on the positive side,..... it has not gone up either :) It is just a bit unfortunate/frustrating that it has now stayed the same for two weeks on the trot. I am wondering whether I should just keep the calories at the midrange or whether I should go down a bit? Any advice would be greatfully accepted :D

End Goal: 67Kg

Weight to lose: 24Kg

Weight Today: 87.5Kg

Weight loss this week: 0Kg

Weight lost to date: 3.5Kg

Weight still to go: 20.5Kg

Goal for Week: 0.5Kg

New Mini Goal: Weigh 85Kg by end of June

BIG GOAL: Weigh 83Kg by end of July for Europe cycling trip

I believe the good weather is staying so have a great week and see you around :D

• Hi Mammou, a maintain is always better than a gain, but I feel your frustration.

You've asked for help, so I'm going to chip in with my 2 penn'orth, if you don't mind? :)

I would say, don't change your calorie count, but do look at where you're getting your calories from as they are not all equal.

Log onto the DD, every day, to get continued assistance and ideas.

I've copied and pasted your last entry and highlighted the points that I think need to be addressed.

Breakfast: (220cals)Fruit salad and Egg Mayo on corn thin (the usual

Lunch: (350cals) Leftover pasta bolognaise

Supper:(620cals)200g Roast Chicken (400cal) (,rice (100cal), 100g sweet potato(100cal), 50g green beans (10cals)

Extra Drinks:(160cals)4 teas with skimmed milk 160cal

Extra Fruits (100cals) Will add up as I go :D

Extra Treats: (100cals) Bite of Hubby’s carrot cake at the tea stop on the ride :D Cross my heart, Pinky Promise.. I did not eat more :D

Total for today : 1550cals

It is such nice weather outside, we might even go for an Ice Cream….to make up cals to 1600

All of those things, are high sugar/carb and although within your calorie allowance, they will spike an insulin response, that will lead to fat hoarding.

My advice, no more than 2 pieces of fruit a day and preferably berries, increase veggies instead, especially leafy greens.

Replace carbs with veg, or at least with low GI alternatives, eg, quinoa and bulgur wheat.

Don't eat/drink low fat versions of anything, always choose full fat.

I hope this helps :)

• Tks moreless for the advice, I will have a look, I must admit that the entry you took really does look bad (hanging my head in shame :() :D As always you can through in not a penny's worth, but a pound's worth if that is going to help me getting into that bikini and pretty dress next Feb :D My breakfast fruit is normally made up of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and then some pear, kiwi, apple or banana. The skimmed milk is because I do not like the taste of full cream in tea :( so that I will unfortunately not be changing :D, but I use full cream with all other ingredients as well as using butter when I need to as it just tastes so much better. Thanks in any case for your comments and rest assured I do love it when people try to help me along the way, this is why we are on this forum :D You have a lovely day out there and I will go and join Hubby on Dobbin to work off some of the pent-up calories just waiting to fall off my hips :D

• We're all in this together, Mammou and I hope we can help each other out :)

Have fun on Dobbin :)

• I ate pretty well and did quite a bit of exercise so I was expecting to loose a little more. I didn't stick to my 500 calories for my fasting day yesterday due to my dad's birthday meal out so I guess I can't be too disappointed. Last week 64.7kg with a .1kg loss I'm 64.6kg this week. Would like to loose a bit more this week as need to counteract a 3 day hen weekend which is looming.

• jonuts2000 , I think you did well, it is a "down" not a "up" on the scale even after the birthday feast :D With your will to get those nasty numbers down, I am sure you will succeed and be ready for a bit of fun on your hen weekend when it arrives. :D Have fun on your downward journey wheeeeeeeee! :D

• I agree with Mammou, a loss is a loss! Well done and keep going x

• Thanks for the support, I do want to loose more I'm just becoming aware that my stress levels are again struggling. I'm worried if I try too hard i'll end up holding onto the fat. I thought that was ​the issue this week but I averaged 1638 calories a day which is just over the mid point of my BMI suggested calories once my exercise was removed - 1500 calories. I guess I just need to try harder but don't want to end up stressed out as the whole reason I'm loosing the weight is to be more healthy. It wouldn't make sense to replace one health issue with another so I'll try to listen to my body better this week. Although with a girls curry club night out and a baby shower it might be harder than I'd hoped to loose this week, so I'll be happy with even the slightest loss.

• Hi all, hope everyone had a great Bank Holiday Weekend. I have joined you Tuesday Trimmers today as my scales are located at work so I couldn't weigh in yesterday.

Last week I weighed: 10st 4.5lbs, this week I weigh: 10st 1lbs, that's a loss of 3.5lbs and total loss of 5lbs (this is my week 3)

Unfortunately this loss is mainly due to being very poorly on Sunday with a sickness bug but I'm hoping to get back to my good eating and exercising habits now I am on the mend.

I am happy to say I am now in the healthy BMI category (just!) :)

• Hi Jenny, your stats won't be added to today's, as you're a Monday weigher. An average will be taken from next week's weight :)

Well done for losing 3.5lbs, that would be fantastic, if it wasn't due to you being ill! I hope that you'll be able to hang onto it, for next Monday :)

Fantastic that you're now into Healthy BMI, I've updated your badge, as a way to celebrate! :)

• Thanks moreless :) Very pleased to have gained a new badge. I am hoping that I will manage to maintain next week x

• Good to hear your on the mend Jenny. Have a good week :-)

• Last week I weighed 184, this week I weigh 183, that's a loss of 1

I dont have any specific goals, just to stop increasing and start decreasing again! This is the first time I logged my weight, but did weigh myself last week. Only 1 pound on the first week is low, but Im not down about it and its no surprise as I I struggled to get in gear for the first few days. Now Im planning my menu Im finding it easier to avoid the junk. Good luck everyone weighing today! No measurements as I dont have a tape measure, will get one soon :-)

• Welcome to the Tuesday weigh-in, reynajane :)

I think that's a brilliant goal to have and I think, if we're honest, that's everybody's goal! :)

All losses are good losses and 1lb is a nice steady loss and one to be proud of! :)

Keep up the great work! :)

• Way to go reynajane... downwards. Have a super week.

• Hi reynajane, I think 1 pound in a week is fab. It can be a big life style change and doing it slowly is definitely a good thing. Best of luck in your second week. :-)

• Hi, I have just signed up today. Am I ok to just join this weigh in or is there a protocol for joining?

• Hi and welcome to the Tuesday weigh-in, Hugo46 :)

We don't stand on ceremony here, all you need to do, is come back and post your starting weight and any goals that you may have :)

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), or in the drop down on the 'Posts' page (it says 'arrange by'). Read the Welcome Newbie thread, then move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you.

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news.

Take a look at the NHS 12 week plan, as a lot of people have been successful with it, making sure to enter your details into the BMI calculator, to get a calorie allowance tailored to your personal requirements. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate.

We run a weigh-in every day of the week and you'd be very welcome to join one of them. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the HOME page, bottom on a mobile.

We also run a Daily Diary, where we share our meal and exercise plans for the day. It's a great place to get ideas and to keep us focused. The link can also be found in Events.

Be aware, that the HU app doesn't give you access to all of our important features, so we advise that you use the full website page.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too.

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Welcome Hugo46 . Hope you get a lot out of being a part of our forum.

• Hello Hugo, great to have you here with us. Best of luck this week! :-)

• Hi Tuesday Trim pals.

Afraid I have to report a slight gain this week. Not sure why! Maybe because I have had slightly more carbs this week. Was down to 96.0kg on Sunday. Not to worry, the overall trend is down :)

Last week I weighed: 96.4kg

This week I weigh: 96.6kg (Week 9)

Gain of: 0.2kg

Target for this week: 0.5kg

Starting weight was: 103.0kg

Total loss of: 6.4kg

Thanks Trimmerteacher for hosting.

Onwards and downwards 8-)

• It's a very tiny gain, 50up and probably just one of those annoying little blips, that are sent to try us!! I'm sure you'll soon see that off! :)

• Good attitude 50up.

1g carbohydrate holds 3g water in the body, so people can appear to regain weight quickly when they increase carb intake.

That shouldn't scare us away from eating quality carbs though, just eat the right amount, which for most people is between 480 and 640 kcal per day.

• You will lose this again quickly 50up. Congrats on your weight loss so far. 6.4kg is amazing. Cheering you on for this week :-)

• Afternoon everybody, last week I weighed 18st6 and 3/4, today I weigh 18st2 and 1/2, that's a loss of 4 and a 1/4 pounds!! Yes I'm in shock, and very happy with my scale victory today!! One of my main changes has been ensuring I have a filling breakfast every morning such as omelette with green pepper and spring onion that I had this morning, or a fruit salad that I have generally had when Ive not had omelette. Ive tried to do my meals from the meal mixer most the week, and I have to say that every recipe ive tried ive enjoyed.

• Woohoo Janette!!! That's fandabedozy! WTG you! :)

• well done Janette thats great. good luck for this week

• Great going Janette, fantastic weight loss. Best of luck this week!

• Wow Janette1 thats a fabulous loss! Well done! I think I should try omelette for breakfast too, good tip thanks :-)

• stuck on 10st 6lbs which was my original goal in January 2017, decided to go for another 4lbs off but its not happening . going to go for 1/2 lb loss this week and back to basics, weighing food etc. hope everyone is doing well.

• Sometimes going back to basics, is just what we need, prawncess, so I wish you lots of success :)

• I think your doing great staying on your goal weight prawncess. When I hi goal in the past I used to gain some of it right back. Good luck with your goal for this week. You can do it prawness. :-)

• Hi everyone, apologies for the lateness (again)...

Last week: 66 kg

Today: 65.4 kg - only 400 g short of my end of May goal, pretty good.

Lost: 600 g

Overall loss so far: 2.8 kg that doesn't sound much but I can definitely feel it.

Wishing everyone a good and healthy week! :-) :-)

• A loss is a loss well done. Glad you can feel the difference it's so encouraging 😀 Have a good week . .

• Well done Elke516! Great result.

• well done Elke516, that's great, have a good week yourself

• Weighing in a lot later than normal. Lost 1/2 lb not bad with bank holiday. Weighing 16st 6lb. Best wishes for the coming week everyone

• Great stuff cjw123! Keep it up! 👍

• shirleygarrett pop your weight in here if you'd like and then Weigh in every Tuesday!😚

• I will actually be weighting on Sunday night - will help keep me on track over the weekend. Thanks :)

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

You may also like...