Been on this site for a while

have been reading posts here for a while am so happy for all your positive posts, I am 51 17.5stone and 6 foot tall. I know I am overweight have trouble exercising due to spine and stomach injury. Can't go swimming do to stomach compliant, asked gp for help, referred to dietitian. Told I am eating healthy diet, help needed am just getting mor and more depressed

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi forgottenit,

It's still possible to eat too much of the right thing, so maybe have a look at your portions sizes. It can be quite an eye-opener to see the amount we should be eating, compared to what we're actually eating.

It's always worth a looking at the timing, type and amount of carbs that you're eating, too, as they can be less than friendly to us, especially as we get a little older ;)

See if there's anything thing here that you'd be able to do

nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pag...

I hope this helps, all the best :)

• I have reduced portion sizes, also changed main meal to lunchtime rather than dinner.also have stopped eating fried foods(my husband now thinks am trying to poison him by not eating the same,lol) I have changed carbs to mostly rice or rice based. Thank you for your reply

• sorry but your link only does england

• Whereabouts are you, forgottenit?

• north fife scotland

• I'm afraid we don't get the same assistance up here, but if you scroll to the bottom of the link page and click on NHS Scotland, you can do your own research :)

• Hi forgottenit,

Welcome and I hope that you will enjoy being part of this community - it's a friendly and supportive place, and I hope you'll feel more positive as time goes on - it's great that you've decided to post.

Take care and have a good weekend, and wishing you a good week ahead.

Zest :-)

• Hello and welcome forgottenit 😊

Have a good look around the forum and the links Moreless suggested and ask if you have any questions 😊

Best wishes

Anna

• I have finally bought scales, 17.5stones still. Now attempting to kick start something by trying this yokebe stuff. Day 2 on three of these drinks in a day. 900 calories a day for 7 days... Well will see how that is in a week

You may also like...