Hoola Hooping. Anyone using this equipment? πŸ˜”πŸ€“πŸ˜₯

Well the nights are drawing in and I wanted something I could do when I have a spare 5 minutes throughout the day. So I am waiting delivery of a weighted Hoola Hoop.

Reading the reviews and watching videos suggest's it good for toning your core. Just what I need. It was also reasonable price wise.

I am also waiting for the delivery of a not sure what you call it but turns my bike into a stable exercise bike. Trying to plan ahead.

I also have my fitness bands.

Is anyone else using a Hoola hoop and any advice would be most welcome.😊

44 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I so love my hula hoop

• Haven't done that in years!

• Neither have I πŸ˜€

• Last time I did the hoola hoop was when I was still in Elementary School!

• Same here πŸ˜€

• Do you still have one or was it just in school? I personally don't own one myself, but I may buy one for my Nephew when he gets a little older.

• No just ordered one from Amazon πŸ˜€adult weighted Hoola hoop πŸ˜„

• I tried, just couldn't do it, annoying tho

• Oh bless I might not either πŸ˜€

• Fab I am excited to see if I can still do itπŸ˜€

• You might bruise at first until your body gets used to it, but it's always fun and the weighted ones are a little easier to keep up once you get the moves going haha. I got mine out last week but yet to get back into the swing

• Have you watched you tube video for beginner's.?πŸ˜€it may help it's in the foot work I think. πŸ˜€

• I hoop most days , often when the adverts are on tv ( if I'm watching ) , or just before going out to work , I find it takes me just a couple of mins to do about 300 hoops . Defiantly has made a difference to my waist

• Brill thank you inspiration πŸ˜€

• will start tomorrow morning - my hoola hoop is ready.

My stomach will say thank you, hopefully.

Let me know your routines.

• Wow lots out there hoolaring it's exciting. 😁

• I wish I could help but it is something I could never do.

I used to run a fun fit class for kids at school ( to aid SEN children) and they used to laugh their heads off as I just could not do it and they would stand there swirling it round and round like it was effortless. Personally I think too many lumps and bumps got in my way lol.😊

Hope you have more luck than I did but you will have lots of laughs trying.

• Hi Bev Yes I'm not sure either but I am going to try with an open heart πŸ˜‹

• I'm really excited for you! I never ever considered this as a form of exercise but after reading your post I did a bit of research online and now -I- want one. I could never do this either but I watched some videos of bigger-beginners doing it and feel inspired :) please let us know how you get on and if it's any good I'll give it a go! :)

• Most certainly I will -no pressure. My reasons are it 's easy to store not too pricey looks fun good for the core and tone a budha belly - 🎎fingers crossed. πŸ˜™

• Haha no pressure intended I promise! :) I hope you love it.

• HI Trulyplumptious,

I've got a weighted hula hoop, but I just can't work out how to use it properly, so I will be keen to hear how you get on. I'd like to wish you the best of luck with it. I've got a bit of lower back pain at the moment, but once that is better, I will give hula hooping another go - so I'll come to you for some tips when that time comes, if that's ok with you! :-)

Lowcal :-)

• Yes Lowcal you can but don't hold your breath.😨

I think it's in the rocking of the feet opposed to rolling of the hips. Which is a good thing as my hips haven't rocked for many years. 😢

• Good technique tip - many thanks! :-)

• Just watch your back. Hope it gets better soon. 😊

• I've got one Truly and it took me months to get the hang of using it! I find it bruises me around the waist, but I shall keep persevering and hope that I'll toughen up soon! :)

I hope you've got large rooms too, because the hoops are big! My bungalow is too small for indoor hooping, unfortunately.

Good luck! :)

• Oops no my rooms are very small. I will try and create a space otherwise outside then garage maybe. πŸ˜‰

I haven't been bruised around my waist for years!!! πŸ˜‚

Mind you way more padded now then it was before.

Yes you must keep going 😎

• I bought one but unfortunately despite watching many you tube videos couldn't do it. It was also really painful. Hoping you have better luck.

• Thanks Linda awww sorry you didn't get the hang of it mmmm I think it's one of those things that looks very easy but probably isn't. I am concerned I will be like you πŸ˜€

• Hi. I've got one. It takes a while to get used to & like the others say there will be bruises but it's great for the waist.

Just be careful of your back.

Happy Hooping

• Thanks for the warning. I will take your advice and take it steady. πŸ˜€

• I bought a 1.35kg weighted one from Argos a couple of weeks ago - its great !! I do it while watching TV - being very careful not to get too near furniture or the TV :) I can only manage half an hour at a time, 15 mins clockwise and 15 anticlockwise.

moreless is right, they do take up a lot of room - more than I realised. Mine is 43 inches wide, so quite a lot of circle room :D

As you say Trulyplumptious its all in the feet and the hips - I tend to keep my feet about one foot apart, one slightly in front of the other.

Good luck πŸ€

Mouse 🐭

• Oh thank you for your words of inspiration. It's worth a try better than just sitting around at night.πŸ˜€

• I got one a good while back! I did use it for a bit and it was a laugh. I needed to wear a shirt/jacket though; if it hits your hips it really can bruise! Worth persisting for the amusement value; and anything that gets me out of the chair is good!

• Thanks Frankie well my hoop arrived yesterday. Eagly got Mr T to put it together. Great expectations -HOW WRONG was l. You tube suggests it should take 15minuts to get the hang of it 2:days later let's just say still not hooping.πŸ˜‚

Well tomorrow is another day!πŸ™„

• Hi Trulyplumptious I have a hoop and tis said that 10 mins a day for 6 weeks will knock couple cms off your waist. Have to say I got bored with continuously doing it after 3 weeks, though my waist was definitely trimmer. I just use it occasionally now, I like to have different activities. Be prepared for a few bruises if you have a weighted hoop and it takes a few goes to keep the hoop up as well, not a easy as it was when I was 10! Have fun x

• Hi Lessofme yes I also enjoy different activities that's why I went for the hoop - bit of a change really.

Just not that easy like you said when you was 10πŸ˜₯

I will not let the hoop defeat me. ☺

• I took me a while to get used to it and had huge bruises but it's great when you finally keep it up for 10mins or so. You'll do it - perseverance ! You'd only be sitting watching TV so watch it whilst hooping πŸ˜€

• I've been checking back to see how you're getting on and it's inspired me! I decided I was far too excited and bought myself a hula hoop. I'd never thought about it before your post and my hoop has arrived today! I can't wait to give it a go, I hope you are managing with yours! :)

• His Kinbuck

The house I am so happy that you have been inspired to buy a hoop.

I still haven't mastered the hh as yet but I keep trying.

Have you seen the video's on You Tube they make it look easy!!

You must let me know how you get on please. πŸ˜‰

• I've watched loads of videos and got filled with complete confidence!... and that rapidly depleted lol I only got it yesterday evening but I spent so long trying to do it my sides and waist all feel tender today! tried again today but no improvement. I said I have to try it for three weeks before I'm allowed to give up if it still isn't working! bending down to pick up it up a thousand times is good exercise though! :)

• Oh bless - I have been busy decorating so I haven't had time to give it another go.

I believe it's one of those things that it happens when you least expect it something clicks.

Keep trying it's good to know I'm not on my own. I am determined to do this.

Yes I agree picking the hoop up is exercise on its own. πŸ˜„

• O my gosh I'm so excited I came straight on to tell you! I hula hooped for a whole five seconds MORE THAN ONCE :o I watched this video called hula hoop 3 steps to success by "hooping harmony" and it helped me more than all of the other ones I watched. I learnt I just couldn't do the forward/back motion and she shows u a simple side to side which works for me and a little troubleshooting section at the end which was really helpful! have a look if you're still interested :)

• Aw Kinbun I am so happy for you I think and believe it's just one of those things that one day just clicks. YahπŸ˜ƒ

Still decorating moved to the kitchen now will soon be finished then I can give it my full concentration.

Keep me up on your progress -keep hooping.

I will look at that video thanks for the suggestion 😚

You may also like...