Hi I'm new here & looking for advice so here's a bit about me I'm 58 years young & need to lose 3 stone trouble is I'm diabetic & have kidney failure so therefore need dialysis 3 times a week.

I originally weighed 17.5 stone & slimed down to 12 but after heart surgery & contracting the above my weight went to fifteen stone I am no longer able to follow my original diet ( which by the way was weight watchers ) im lost due to so many dont eat that. Any suggestions please Desperate

4 Replies

• Ludds I want to just encourage you to keep trying to put your best foot forward. You list a number of really serious medical conditions. I was encouraged particularly by your words of '58 years young' which show you are a 'glass half full' type of person.

• Welcome. And don't be desperate, you have come to the right place for support. I suggest you have a look at the welcome newbies post which has a collection of all the things you need to know to get started on your weight loss. And then perhaps we will see you at our Monday group weigh-in?

With all the serious medical conditions you mention I also want to encourage you to discuss your dieting plans with your health care professional.

• Good morning Ludds!

You will get a proper welcome from one of lovely fab 4 leaders soon telling you all about the various challenges, weigh ins and other challenges going on here.

I think the nhs 12 week plan is very good and I use the free myfitnesspal ap to log calories. Good luck with getting fitter.

Being a part of this forum is very inspiring and supportive too, so keep reading and writing here.

You can do it!!!

• Hi Ludds.

Good luck with your progress I'm new on here too. My husband also has CKD though is maintaining well without dialysis so far - Fingers crossed. I wish you every success with your progress and hope you stay well. Diane Xx

You may also like...