Quick Beef stirfry

Quick Beef stirfry

The pic shows all the ingredients for a quick stirfry. You need 1tbsp of the oil and 4 tbsp of the sauce. Heat 1tsp of the oil in a huge wok and stirfry the beef ( should be very thinly sliced) for a couple of minutes. Empty wok onto a dish ( including juices) then put the rest of the oil into the wok and tip in all the veggies ( when i do this amount i find it useful to pop a lid on for 1 minute, then remove the lid and continue to stirfry for another 2-3 minutes, add the beef back in and stirfry 1 minute, then stir in the sauce and stirfry another minute or so.

Serves 4 at 180kcals a portion.

I use the red and green cabbage instead of noodles, sometimes leaving out the red cabbage and putting in beansprouts.

15 Replies

• Oh for goodness sake!! The pic has loaded sideways this time! At least it isn't upside down, maybe the next pic will finally make it the right way, lol.

• LOL :d :d :d

• You've been at something stronger than the black bean sauce, haven't you! :D :D

Sounds delicious though :)

• Thanks ShellieL, I've downloaded the picture and flipped it. It looks good.

A question: I often have problems with beef stir fry because the beef does not seem to cook properly. I'm not sure if it's because the pan is not hot enough or if I cut the beet wrong. I never know whether to cut the meat with the grain or across the grain. Your thoughts would be useful. :)

PS The kitchen scales are very impressive and I'm a little envious :)

• The beef needs to be of a good cut, I tend to use medallions of beef for stirfry ( low fat and tender when cooked). Cut very thinly in strips, again I usually against the grain but I think it's a personal choice thing. I think the main thing is not to overcook, a couple of minutes to colour and then remove from pan before re-adding for the final couple of minutes. To me it realy does depend on the beef cut/quality and cooking time. The wok is always very hot. Hope this helps 😊

• Thanks so much. I think I may be guilty of over cooking and have ruined good beef in the past :)

• We had beef stir fry today, following your advice and it was delicious.

Thank you x

• Fab, I'm glad it worked out for you. I do love stirfries, they are filling and can be super healthy. 😊

• And they're about a instant as you can get :)

• P.S. the scales were a birthday present from my son, I had always wanted a set of old shop scales 😊

• A brilliant present it is too. I wish I had the work space but alas not. I've just got back from buying a proper wok though, rather than using my heavy bottomed pan. You can guess what we're having later on :)

Thanks again, it was a short reply earlier as I was using my phone.

Have a really nice Christmas 🎅

• Hi ShellieL,

Thanks for that delicious recipe - you're making me feel hungry, I must think about having some lunch.

I appreciate the fact the photo was on an angle, as it gave me a good neck exercise - I am imagining everyone who reads it tilting their heads to that angle. I had to do the same movement to the other side just to align myself again!

Hope the sun is shining today for you.

Lowcal :-)

• lol, well there's a positive, 😊

• Again ShellieL always prepared and organised I love that about you. Thank you for this recipe hun I bet it will be delicious :-)

• It was trafford, this was from a couple of days ago. I often take before pics to jog my memory of what I put in if the finished meal tastes particularly nice. From past experience of complete 'fog brain', lol. 😊

You may also like...