Couch to 5K Day 1 Week 1

Hi all, thanks for all the lovely welcoming replies yesterday!

Well I did it! I have started the couch to 5K today and it wasn't back at all! I'm 17 stone currently so was worried I'd just die there and then but did it on the treadmill at the gym and was chuffed to have run for 8 whole minutes!!!! I will be going on Wednesday evening and then Saturday morning! So I hope that my knees will cope but my shoulder has been the biggest issue tonight! I have had a frozen shoulder which is on the mend but the jolting hurt a bit. I shall just dose up on the painkillers, I'm not going to let it stop me.

Hope everyone's had a fab day!

Love Elsie xxx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You ran for 8 mins, right off the bat, just like that? Wow!! I couldn't manage 8 seconds!

WTG you!! :)

Don't overdo it though, you don't want to injure yourself further and end up putting yourself out of action.

• Haha don't worry, I've been doing quite a bit of cardio and treadmill work for the last few weeks so I've worked at it! I'm still intact so I shall see what happens on Wednesday!!!! ;-)

• Well good for you and good luck for Wednesday :)

• 8 mins is bloody good going for your first time at the c25k I could hardly even run a min before giving up so you have impressed me. Take your time though you don't want to do too much to start with as this may lead to injury if your not used to regular exercise. Slow and steady wins the race. Build the exercise up gradually don't go all out to start with. Hope you don't take that the wrong way I just think it is good advice. I've been where you are as I started at 17.2 so I know a little about this and my knees did eventually end up in so much pain from the running and I was taking pain killers, ibuprofen rub as well as using bandages. I think you've done a great job non the less with those 8 mins :-) WELL DONE

• Thanks so much! I've been building up slowly, that's why I'm not feeling too bad! I value any advice I can get so never take any of it the wrong way! I was 19 stone when I first started out on this weight loss game so feeling so much better already! I agree about the knees! I was worried but so far I've been okay. Will be going for some strengthening exercises too!

Hope you've had a good day!

E x

• I completed the c25k earlier this year. It was quite literally the single best thing I could have done for my health.

My advice - go as slow as you can and have one day off running between runs. You'll want to run all the time, every day, but take your rest days or you'll soon run out of steam.

I wanted to eat tonnes to start with. If you get hungry have a banana or something to hand or you might reach for the snacks!

Go for it and enjoy it - nothing beats that sense of achievement!

You may also like...