Just got back from Mcdonalds with the kids and hubby and took a flask of water with me. Watched them eat whilst I sipped my water and we left. How's that for will power. I so could have eaten a big mac and fries but I looked up the calorie content on myfitnesspal and those foods are not my friend.

I made sure I had my lunch before going there with them.

Staying focused :-)

21 Replies

• Hi Trafford1,

Wow, that shows great discipline and will-power. Well done you! :-)

You're definitely staying focused, and all credit to you.

Hope you have a great week.

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks Lowcal, how I could have ate a big mac. I had a voucher as well so wouldn't even have cost much, but I resisted temptation. I am having a fantastic week and hope you are too hun :-)

Trafford1 x

• You are an amazing star! Well done you.

• Thanks Portlandprincess, it's the first time in my whole life that I have ever sat in a mcdonalds with a flask of water, but there's a first time for everything I guess :-)

Trafford1 x

• youre well on track ! I'm thinking of taking a low cal treat with me next time I go to the cafe with friends. I know it's sneaky for the cafe owners, but I will have coffee but then I'll feel that I'm not being punished for eating healthily.

• That is a really good idea, I ate before going so I could fight temptation which worked for me. Taking a healthy snack and having a coffee is the way forward :-) always think ahead

• As long as we're not caught lol!

• By the Maccy D police!

• The Maccy D police LOL love that!!! :-)

• I do this all the time. Nobody minds you getting out a little tupperware pot of something healthy, as long as you're drinking a coffee or with friends who have bought stuff there.

• Good to know, I felt a bit naughty just posting it!

• OMG I'm awe of your will power !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure I could have coped and stayed strong when faced with Maccy D's, oh I love a chicken sandwich, Yum Yum, haven't had one for so long.

Carry on having a fantastic week.

• Hi Jo4950, I'm in awe to

In awe that I couldn't have any LOL

Oh how nice that big mac looked with the burger sliding around in the bun, but did not give in. I had scrambled eggs 2 table spoons of beans and a slice of whole wheat toast for lunch before I took them which was way less calories, full of protein and whole wheat goodness. So I'm chuffed with myself and myfitnesspal scores look healthy too :-)

You have a fantastic week too hun

Trafford1 x

• I buy the children's meals in McDonald's. The fish finger one with a fruit bag instead of fries plus a coffee or diet coke. That might be another possibility. Well done for resisting temptation.

• Hi pelj, that is a really good idea, I have did not even think of that so thank you :-)

• I usually just have a cuppa whilst there, if I really feel I want to eat something then I have a 'hamburger only onion' which comes in at less than 250kcals ( it is 250kcals with all the 'gubbins' on such as sauce n pickle). This way I am partaking but not damaging my day. Admire your willpower with the water and nothing else though!! 😇

• I am truly focused this week and have been working toward a 2 lb loss so having water was the only option for me. I don't want any little thing this week stopping me from getting another 2 lbs off so as nice as that hamburger sounds at only 250 kcals I just couldn't put it past my lips. The other half had around 800 kcals so we worked out together yesterday and he burned all 800 + calories. My weigh in is tomorrow so I'm am keeping my fingers crossed for a good result.

Have a lovely day ShellieL

• I am keeping my fingers n toes crossed for that 2lb + loss for you hun. Is weighday on Monday? If so, I hope your weekend is a super one with few 'spanners' being thrown. Actually, I am hoping for no spanners for you, you deserve a fab weekend and weigh-in. 👍😊👍

• Hiya, my weigh in is on Sat so let's hope that the scales are as kind as last week I have really put a lot of work into this week :-)

• Awesome! Well done!

• Hi Fabnfit :-) thank you

You may also like...