why me : its back, I left for work this... - Mental Health Sup...

Mental Health Support
24,079 members14,265 posts

why me

Bert-75
Bert-75
7 Replies

its back, I left for work this morning and ended parking up half way there because the job just isn't right for me but if I quit I will be sanctioned of benefits which will probably make me homeless I cant face it any more and because I am insular it makes it more difficult plus work wont accept anybody on medication as they already look down their noses at you . I cant think of anyway to change it as doctors aren't much help and I don't have anyone to talk to I am to tired of fighting this thing

7 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Hi yes you probably would be. The answer is to go to your doctors and explain what has happened and why and ask for a sick note. ESA benefits wouldn't be sanctioned as illness is an acceptable reason to not start/leave a job. x

1 like
Bert-75
Bert-75
in reply to Hidden

I was taken of ESA and put on universal credit plus so I am not sure that would work plus I didn't inform agency I work for I was on medication as that would have hindered my chances of employment as we both well know it would have

1 like
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Bert-75

The only question is whether your doctor is willing to give you a note or not. If they will then you have the right to claim ESA instead. x

Bert-75
Bert-75
in reply to Hidden

don't you have to go to the dreaded fit for work interview where you have to get so many points to qualify , I cant remember what you call them ATOS maybe but I do know they are unsympathetic if you can stand or walk you are deemed fit I don't know

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Bert-75

Hi you don't get the assessment straightaway and it would be probably be a good couple of months or more. Claim ESA (if you can) until you get the assessment date then sign back on JSA.

Even if you only get ESA for a couple of weeks/a month you will get benefit and when you sign on JSA there will be no sanctions x

Bert-75
Bert-75
in reply to Hidden

thanks I will try doctor

1 like
MAS_Nurse

Hi Bert-75, and welcome to the forum. As Lilaclil suggested, please go and see your doctor and explain the situation. He/she will be able to support you. Also Citizens Advice Bureau have some helpful information on their website citizensadvice.org.uk and also mind.org.uk. I hope this is helpful. Thank you and best wishes.

1 like

You may also like...