Foreskin attached high up head of penis, very scared

I am 22 years old and found out / realised about 2 weeks ago I have Phimosis (I had never tried retract my foreskin), and have been slowly stretching my foreskin over the head of my penis. The issue is that as I progressed I have found a small 'chunk' of flesh is attached towards the 'tip of the head' of my penis to my foreskin and thus I seemingly cannot pull back my foreskin anymore.

Sorry but this is can only really be properly explain through a picture (NSFW!):

imgur.com/a/awyCW

You can see towards the bottom left of the picture is the slit at the tip of my penis, and towards the top right is me trying to pull my foreskin back and a little chunk of flesh that connects from my foreskin to my penis.

Is this normal? I'm scared to pull back more and put any pressure on it. It's almost as if my foreskin fused with my penis. What could have caused this? What is wrong with my penis.

I know I should see a doctor but naturally I am very shy about this issue and am hoping someone can help me out.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello,

Slowly stretching your foreskin is a good thing, but it needs to be done properly as it can cause damage! Looking at that picture, you do really need to see a doctor about that as you may very likely need to be circumcised. I suffered with phimosis since starting puberty, I was able to retract my foreskin when flaccid and I managed to get the foreskin halfway down when erect but with great pain. Is this causing you any pain at all when you retract your foreskin?

Being 22, no it's not normal, it should have detached itself around 10-13 years old. If it is causing you pain do not force anything as it may cause something to break and bleed. It may be that you have never retracted your foreskin but it could be anything.

As for seeing a doctor, it took me until the age of 19 to see someone about my phimosis, I was VERY shy about it as to me I thought it wasn't normal so I should keep it to myself. When you do see a doctor, take someone with you, a close friend, partner, someone you are open to about this as it helps relax you, a doctor will not judge you on this, that is not what they are there for, they have seen it all before 3 times over. I'm now 21 and I was circumcised around 11 months ago, and personally, I found it was the best decision I have ever made.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck,

Daniel.

• how are you feeling now!

Are you being able to masturbate normally?

• Hi mate, first off let me say I know exactly what you are going through. I knew from a young age that my foreskin should retract but it never did, it took me a lot of soul searching to address this as I was very scared just like you. Secondly please do not worry unnecessarily, I know this is easy to say but trust me I have been exactly where you are.

In terms of the skin you can see attaching your foreskin to your glans this is called your frenulum, it's a thin and of very sensitive skin tissue that will pull your foreskin forward again. It seems that yours may be short (same as mine) and this may be causing pain when trying to retract it. My advice, and I can't emphasise this enough, is to visit a doctor and get checked out as they know best. Please don't be shy, we've all felt it before but a penis is ten a penny to a doctor and they see this type of thing all the time.

I can also reassure you that I was able to achieve full foreskin retraction after about 18 months of daily (gentle) stretching in the bath for an hour or so at a time. It took me a long time as I had to manually separate my foreskin from my glans as this never happened naturally. I would be happy to chat to you further if you would like....? Just get in touch on here and I will do my best to put your mind at ease. Please do not worry :)

You may also like...