Men's Health Forum
9,689 members1,995 posts

17 y/o and my foreskin is still attached to my penis. What do I do?

So I am 17, turning 18 soon. I am sort of a late bloomer, only started puberty around 1.5 years ago (though i do have pubic hair and some facial hare, and my voice is deep).

When I pull my foreskin back, there is a small line of foreskin that prevents it from going any further (on the bottom when looking down at it). It is connected near the tip of the head. It doesn't look like it will go away any time soon (as in it is quite firmly there)

I have read that the 'adhesion' is supposed to deteriorate before puberty, though mines still hasn't and I am a bit worried.

I don't really want to resort to circumcision. And I was wondering if there's anything I can do to make it deteriorate faster.

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies

Are you sure that this is an adhesion and not just your frenulum?

Are you able to retract it all all when flacid or erect?


Yeah you're right, sorry, it's just the frenulum. I googled it.

And I cant retract the foreskin in either case because of this. (Also my foreskin my be tight because when erect, i cant get it very far down)


Try stretching it over time.

You can get some tips by googling "foreskin stretching".

Try soaking in warm bath and pulling it back as far as you can and holding it there for 5 or so minutes each time you bath or shower.

Best thing is to visit docs as they can give you a steroid cream that thins the skin and aids stretching.

It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

This is a really common problem that doctors see all the time and they won't even bat an eyelid.


Thanks for your advice.

I’ll try talk to a doctor. I’m just a little nervous talking to my parents about it because we haven’t really discussed stuff like this. But I’ll be sure to get it done.

Thanks again :)


Go with the stretching, you may not need to do anything else. It is possible that the first time you do pull back, if that happens, it may feel tight and uncomfortable. Just gently ease it back up. But as ever if in pain or real discomfort, see a Doc.


You may also like...