Low resting heart rate: Hi everyone, haven’t been... - LUPUS UK

LUPUS UK
26,382 members22,267 posts

Low resting heart rate

Natura
Natura

Hi everyone, haven’t been on in a while.

Has anyone had experience with a low resting heart rate?

I am in the process of verifying, but was at gym and my heart rate was 50. I thought the machine was broken. I worked out on some machines, and got back on the treadmill. My heart rate was more like 100+.

Read that low heart rate could be an athletes rate. Cool! If that’s true, no worries. Did find something relating to lupus. I had a mitral valve prolapse years ago. And I do have a genetic clotting disorder.

Just wondering if anyone had had this happen to them. I am only 55.

1 Reply
oldestnewest
Chanpreet_Walia
Chanpreet_WaliaAdministrator

Hi Natura,

According to The Lupus Encyclopedia ‘conduction abnormalities’ in the heart i.e., no proper order/pattern of the heart can lead to a ‘too quick’ or ‘too slow’ heart rate. Doctors can diagnose this by an ECG. Around 10% to 32% of lupus patients can show such heart-related issues after having an ECG performed. However, the encyclopedia states that these heart-related issues may not be caused by lupus itself and could be due to other reasons such as coronary artery disease or thyroid disease.

We published a factsheet on 'LUPUS: The Heart and Lungs’ which you may like to read at lupusuk.org.uk/wp-content/u...

You may also like...