After beginning my reduction from 7mg on April 1, I've now been steady on 4mg for 4 weeks. Things seem to have stabilised:
- the spontaneous episodes of sweating, tachycardia and nausea have reduced, unless I exert myself (when they return)
- my hands have lost their red and shiny appearance
- my lungs are still clear
- my joints are no worse
- but crucially, my fatigue and weakness remains extreme; one short trip to the corner shop is as much as I can manage in a day, and only the most essential household tasks get done
- the daily pattern remains - I struggle to get up in the morning, manage to do the shopping after taking my meds in the morning, become extremely sleepy during the afternoon, rally before bedtime.
- my mood is amazingly good, but I have read nearly all of the internet and what will I do then?
I should be getting a rheumy review in about a month, so I'd be interested to hear if any of this rings a bell or suggests anything to you people. Above all, how do I get functioning again? Ta x
PS wonderful news from my daughter - she got her degree results last week and was awarded a First!