strange feeling at entrance of ear canal

I don't think this is really lupus related, but thought I'd ask if anyone on here had had a similar sensation and knew what was causing it/ how to treat it......... My GP is probably getting sick and tired of me and my never ending list of symptoms and conditions, and ear pressure/ tingling/ numbness is the least of my worries, but I would like to know why I have it.

For past few weeks I've been getting a strange feeling at the entrance to my ear canal. It is affecting both ears (although not always at the same time). It feels as if I have cotton wool or earphones in my ears. also a bit numb and tingly. the intensity varies, as does the duration of the feeling. It also feels a bit like there's fluid or moisture coming out, although when I check they're completely dry. I have no pain or wax, and haven't had any sort of accident or been exposed to any particularly loud noises. I also haven't stopped or started any new medication.

Does any one have any ideas as to what it is or why it's happening???

3 Replies

• Hi Heather

I have had a similar sensation which was diagnosed as another autoimmune condition. My advice is to see your doc and let him arrange some, very easy tests to see if you have what I have. I am on medication daily which is effective.

It may not be the same but I think your doc would be interested to hear about it.

I know ANOTHER set of symptoms, but DO go see your GP.

Hugs of encouragement!

Ps I have not told you what I have simply so that your doc can give you a diagnosis if he feels he can, not me! I am not a doc! I can only say my meds are good and I had no invasive tests and it was a simple process.

• Footy girl- thanks for your reply. Did your gp diagnose of rhuematologist? I'm actually glad someone else has had this. I kept thinking I was imagining it, but it's been going on for a couple of weeks now. I keep thinking I should mention it to gp but wasn't sure how to word it without sounding crazy lol

• I know what you mean! Sounds an odd gathering of feelings!

Your GP would probably refer you to a consultant, or a doc with an interest in the condition. I know, not another thing to add to the list😪 but we know we are possibly going to get other autoimmune things.

Talk to your GP about it.

Let me know how you get on

You may also like...