Anaesthetic today, very nervous

Hi all, I'm going for a hysteroscopy today to remove polyps and general investigation and I'm so nervous, not about the procedure but about the anaesthetic itself. I'm sure it'll all be fine, I know I'm just worrying about nothing but its just the last operation I had resulted in a stay in icu and the start of the lupus. I've met with the anaesthatist due to the 40 tablets I take and my colourful medical history but I just can't stop worrying and wanted to share it with you all - sorry! One of my main symptoms is constant pleuritic pain which has lasted 3 years and I'm worried ny breathing will be agony when I wake up. Aggh! Xx

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have not had anaesthetic since diagnosed with sle but I can understand you worry I would be scared too. I am sure you will have a brilliant set of doctors around you. Hope all goes well.

• Thank you. All done now and all went ok. Should have been home tonight but staying in as very sleepy from anaesthetic and a bit wobbly but otherwise fine. Thanks again x

• So pleased that your ordeal is over...... No need to apologise about being apprehensive about anaesthetic (most people are!)

I do hope they didn't discover anything serious - and you can begin to see an improvement in the amount of pain you are experiencing.

You may also like...