Here we go again: Hi all, Well 1... - The Roy Castle Lu...

The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation

4,807 members β€’ 2,895 posts

Here we go again

Eglingham profile image
Eglingham
β€’4 Replies

Hi all,

Well 19 months since I had my right lung removed and we are off again πŸ˜” a 25m area on the lining where my right lung was has lit up πŸ˜” a biopsy is not possible so they are just going to go ahead and treat it with 5 rounds og radiotherapy (sabo) has anyone had any experience with this? Trying so hard to be positive.

4 Replies
β€’

Dear Eglingham

Sorry to hear of your news which must be so very disappointing for you.

SABR -Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy is where they use high energy x-ray beams to destroy and prevent spread of cancer cells, only certain hospitals have the machines that use this treatment.

This link is from Macmillan support and details what to expect with this treatment: macmillan.org.uk/cancer-inf...

We also have some information on SABR in our Radiotherapy booklet: roycastle.org/app/uploads/2...

Hope your treatment goes well and you hear from others on the forum who have experienced this.

If you would like to discuss anything you can either email us at lungcancerhelp@roycastle.org or call our free phone nurse led helpline number on 0800 3587200 Monday to Thursday 0900-1700 and Friday 0900-1600

Kind regards

The Roy Castle Support Team

Thank you for your reply. I will read through the info you have provided. Thank you.

I am not quite in the same postion as you but one thing we do have in common is that I had my original biosy in 2015 had more treatment in 2017,2019 I completed a two year round of immmunotherapy December 2020 and responded quite well .I have only just had my second biopsy in 2021 via a bronchoscopy as they felt it had by this time mutated into something different .I am now awaiting results to see if I can have target therapy .I am hopeful .Perhaps you don't require new biospsies just yet .Hope it all goes well for you Diane .πŸ‘

Eglingham profile image
Eglingham in reply to diane55

Hi Diane,Thank you for your reply. Your story gives me hope as I am struggling to stay positive at the minute and the oncologist I went to see did not leave me feeling positive at all I have to say. I biopsy is not possible due to it being to small, I didn't even show up on a ct scan, it's right on the surgery area from my lung removal. I hope all goes well for you, sending positive thoughts and πŸ™. Thank you again β™₯

You may also like...