Second post surgery update. These boots are made ... - LSN

LSN
4,345 members2,069 posts

Second post surgery update. These boots are made for walking

Snaomi
Snaomi
5 Replies

Hi everyone. So happy now that I have had the SAPL surgeries on both legs done and behind me. It's been 2 years since I had my left leg fixed and 3.5 months since I had my right leg done. I promised myself as soon as I could that I would buy some boots. This past week I finally was able to get my boots. I'm so excited and my legs look great in my new boots. Yay! My confidence has just soared.

I am hoping that one day there will be a cure for this. In the meantime, I am hoping that more people will share their stories to bring more awareness to this dreadful condition; so we can all receive the care we need paid for by insurance and garments will be easier to get. These are the things I pray for. Thanks for your messages and support these past 2 years. I hope my experience may help some of you. All my best. Sharon

5 Replies
oldestnewest
Lynora

So excited for you Sharon! SAPL can be both life enhancing AND life changing. You are the proof! Enjoy those boots!!!!

While we are waiting for a ‘cure’ (low down the reasearch priorities currently) perhaps surgical intervention could be made more available, and open to all - at realistic cost.

2 likes
Snaomi
Snaomi
in reply to Lynora

Thank you Lynora. Also, yes it would be great if it could become more affordable. Even the garments are expensive and I feel for those that cannot afford treatment. The positive is that more information is available than 10 and 20 years ago. All my best,

Sharon

1 like
lymphite

It’s so great to hear of your good surgical results! Having my lymohadema under control is one of the greatest joys of my life. Anytime I want a little euphoria all I have to do is remember the way it felt to have my rm swollen and look at it now. I hope you are getting the same thrill!

1 like
Libmeg

Enjoy your boots😊it’s such a good feeling being able to dress normal xx

1 like
lovesradio

Great news and just love that getting your legs into boots is life changeing!

1 like

You may also like...