Breast cancer followed by lymphedema

Hi everyone just joint this website today . I have been a breast cancer surviver now for 7 years and this year I was dignosed breast cancer bone and had radiotherapy in March and follow again by chemo , still on chemo . Now been dignosed lymphedema in my arm and it dose swoll and been using tight bandage it helps a bit , but still see swoll ing .

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Sorry to hear about your latest treatment. Have you been referred to a Lymphoedema clinic? It is important you are seen soon, so they can fit you with compression and give advice about self lymphatic drainage and skin care.

• Hi thank you for your reply , they have not yet referee me anywhere , I'm back on chemo tomorrow shall I ask about being refer to clinic , because they have not mention this at all and I'm can't even use my right arm has it got really bad now many thanks

• Hi

Are you in UK?

You could Google 'Lympthoedema Service' in - followed by your area or health authority name. This may give you a phone number.

However, as you need a referal, it may be quicker if someone agrees to refer you tomorrow.

• Hi yes I live in the UK , in Essex , I will ask today and I do see my doctor again in 2 weeks and I will ask her again . Many thank s for your help I will google has well to,see . Theresa

• The Lymphoedema Support Network lymphoedema.org. has lots of information. They also have a telephone helpline and details are on their website.

• You should have no problem with being referred in Essex. It depends on where you live which service it would be as there are several

• Thank you so much for your help I'm in the area of Upminster Essex RM14 2JD

You may also like...