Celiac, ITP and me

Hi All,

My ITP was diagnosed 6 yrs ago and after none of the treatments worked, I was off of any blood tests or medicines since 4 yrs. I will have bruises every month and some nose bleeds and my count usually stays below 20. From past 2 3 months, am suferring from Stomach issues(Bloating/Flautulence) and doctor suggested I could have gluten/Dairy sensitivity, but the blood tests didnt confirm that though some values slightly lean towards Celiac. Since 10 days am on Gluten free & Dairy free diet which is quite hard for a person like me, but still my stomach issue is same. Does anybody faced same and how long it takes approximately to realize I am not Celiac person. Infact I was happy reading that both ITP & Celiac are auto immune disorders and could be related to each other. When we keep eating Gluten, our immune system will be hyperactive and might start destroying platelets/WBC/RBC which gave a thought like Gluten free diet might help with Platelets too.

I will keep everyone updated if my diet really helps Platelets!!..

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go for a test H-Pylori

• I had got it done 5 yrs back and it was negative. Now again I asked my doctor and he said H-Pylori symptoms will differ and it might not be that. Will try again to convince him for the test. Thank you..!!

• I feel for me it might be related -I am gluten intolerant and have tested positive for both genes for celiac- I have been using many essential oils and eating more fresh greens and more fruit .

• That's great.. So what is your count now? and how long it took to stabilize with higher count?

• Normally I am at 100-110 -

You may also like...