Flexiseq Gel. Is it safe for us to use?

I have been recommended by friends to try Flexiseq Gel to rub on skin for joint pain & swelling. But I notice that the first ingredient listed is Phosphatidylcholine - a phospholipid. I don't understand the chemistry of such things but since we have antiphospholipid syndrome, I need to try & check it out. Don't want to risk my health, but really need something to help the pain and stiffness. Can anyone advise please?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have done some research which came up with this from the Arthritis Research UK. They don't mention Phospholipids. I would certainly check this out with your Dr.

Im not promoting this salve, but my hubby has just had a knee replacement and doing his exercises has made his thigh muscles very sore. He has been using Neals Yard Arnica Salve which has helped him quite a lot and you can rub this into joints too providing there is no broken skin. His Physio also always uses Arnica when massaging too.

bit.ly/29EpJfN

• Thank you, I have some arnica and will try that first.

• Yes I agree with the advice given above. MaryF

• Try reading this

arthritisresearchuk.org/art...

it explains how it's believed to work, it's not considered particularly effective though but saying that I was given capsicin cream considered the best for arthritis pain and all it did was make my leg hot, didn't help the pain at all but then again I didn't have arthritis as diagnosed but had torn two ligaments and sprained my meniscus and heat made me want to scream. So unless you know why the knee hurts it may be trial and error. My GP prescribed Piroxicam gel and that did nothing for the pain either.

• I use ibroprofen gel when desparate

• Thank you for your suggestions.

You may also like...