Gluten free Pear and almond cake.🍐 - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

49,141 members β€’ 9,073 posts

Gluten free Pear and almond cake.🍐

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
β€’15 Replies

Good morning folks,

This is an alternative to a traditional Christmas cake I know it’s not a partridge in a pear tree but it’s a nice alternative without sugar icing. I bought some dried pears and made a cake with them and almonds and it turned out a treat. I made it yesterday afternoon and was glad that I did.

Here’s the recipe:

175g plain gf flour 50g ground almonds 2 teaspoons baking powder 175g butter 160g brown sugar 3 eggs 125g dried pears soaked in boiling water to soften.

I kept 3 slices of pear and used flaked almonds to sprinkle on top

Mixed everything in my food processor spread into a greased loaf tin and baked for approx 45 mins 170C.

Stay safe and well and enjoy your day now folks. 🌈😊

15 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

Hi Jerry,This sounds and looks fantastic! I will definitely try this for the holidays. Thank you for posting the recipe for everyone.πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸŒˆ

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Activity2004

Thank you Leah, I hope that you enjoy it. 😊

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator in reply to Jerry

Thank you! I will print out everything very soon later today. :-)

Looks very yummy 🀩

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Hb2003

Hey thanks 😊

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Jerry

Your welcome

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

That looks and sounds delicious Jerry and what an excellent idea to use pears, I love the flavour of pears.

Hope you're having a good day.

Alicia πŸŒˆπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Thank you Alicia, well we have to do our best so I’ve been for a walk had some home made cake and am happily ensconced at home now. I hope that you’re enjoying your day. 🌈😊

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Jerry

We certainly do Jerry, think I may have to look at making more soup as it's so cold out there, definitely weather for power walking to keep warm I'd say.

I have thank you, went to the gym earlier and then shopping and have been at home since. Same as you, happily ensconced at home in the warm πŸŒˆπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Zest
ZestStar

Hi Jerry This cake looks really good. Do you think it would also work with fresh pears as well as the dried ones?

Zest :-)

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Zest

Hi Zest a d definitely it would work with fresh pears. 😊

That looks really nice and I zoomed in to look at the texture and check it's cooked evenly lol well I did used to be a cook and made fabulous sponges in the residential home I worked in big ones for 2o people, when I did I deep one I sometimes had to put some tin foil just kind of floating around it to cook it a teeny bit longer and this stops the top burning so I'm interested in how you do a deep one I've never used gluten free our but would like to try it and to be honest with bread if I eat too much it does bloat me and I end up looking like the squirell and pixie lol 😁πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Curly1_

Thank you Mandy and I guess you have the temperature a little lower and the time longer to cook it through. It tastes nice that’s the main thing. 😊

Curly1_
Curly1_ in reply to Jerry

Oh I see that's strange I just came on as wasn't going to but TV bit rubbish I'm just concocting up a post so to speak but think I'll leave it until tomorrow need to sort photos for it sleep tight Jerry pixie is fast asleep 😻πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Curly1_
Curly1_ in reply to Jerry

I usually just follow the good old bero cook book lol you heard of it

You may also like...