Healthy Eating
29,493 members3,818 posts

Gluten free Dundee cake 🎄

Gluten free Dundee cake 🎄

Hi folks,

As everyone else is enjoying Christmas I thought I'd join in by sharing my Dundee cake I made instead of a Christmas cake, its made with Doves farm GF flour and ground chia seeds, black cherries, sultanas and raisins and I use dark brown sugar and free range eggs. I also use flaked almonds as I love how they are crunchy on top of a moist cake.

I think this shows that you can have sweet treats that are still wholesome 😊 and I have to confess the cake was warm when I cut it but I had to try it with a cup of tea...😊

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Yum! Your Dundee Cake looks really GREAT! :-) Good idea to sample some whilst still warm with a cup of tea. The perfect way to enjoy it.

Zest :-)

2 likes

Thank you Zest and why not it's Christmas and mid winter 🎄 so we have to make the most of it...😊

Jerry 😊

3 likes

That is really mouth watering Jerry, Oh how I would love a peice, washed down with a cup of tea - Perfect!

3 likes

Hey thanks K-w 😊

1 like

That looks delicious Jerry. I've started experimenting with chia seeds in gluten free baking and so far the results have been good. Even managed to make some bread that didn't fall apart.

3 likes

Hi Penny and thank you, I use chia seeds in bread too and it gives it a nice colour, so I’m pleased your bread is turning out well.

I also add them to stewed fruit and they make it smoother and healthier...😊

2 likes

Hi jerry, thats a great cake, i love cherries🍒 and almonds🎅

2 likes

Thanks L-t, me too 😊

2 likes

Hi w lovely Jerry. I can almost smell it from here! 😃

3 likes

Thank you Cas, 😊 😊 😊

1 like

Great job, Jerry! Looks fantastic and pretty!😀

1 like