Home made gluten free bread as it's Home ma... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

47,606 members β€’ 8,633 posts

Home made gluten free bread as it's Home made bread day. πŸ₯–

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
β€’14 Replies

Hi everyone,

As it's Home made bread day today and I baked some bread I thought I'd post it as I think it's great baking bread at home very cheery smell too.

holidayinsights.com/morehol...

As the theme is pumpkin and nut bread this has pumpkin seeds. 😊

14 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

Looks lovely as always Jerry πŸ˜€

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Aw thanks Debs. πŸ˜€

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

That's a really wonderful looking loaf of bread, Jerry! :-) Thank you for sharing that with us.

This morning, I never heard that it was Homemade Bread Day. It never made it out here (again!).

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Activity2004

Thanks Leah, I watch out for relevant events and I love baking bread... πŸ˜€

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator in reply to Jerry

I watch the news and they don’t say anything about specific days unless they are interested in that specific idea!πŸ˜€

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

The king of breadmakersπŸ˜‹

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Hey thanks Alicia, thats appreciated. πŸ˜€

What do you put on your bread?

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to GERALDDAVID

Hello GERALDDAVID I put butter on it and have it with lots of things as fillings for sandwiches. I'm a coeliac so have to eat gluten free bread thats the only difference.

Hi Jerry and all the other experts in bread making - just a query....

Why does one need yeast to make bread rise as compared to no yeast for cake to rise except for adding baking powder.

Cooper27
Cooper27Moderator in reply to learn-2016

The yeast is a bacteria that ferments th flour, releasing gases to "pump up" the bread.

Baking powder works in a similar way, but doesn't give off a flavour like yeast does. We also mix cakes in a way to entrain air.

learn-2016
learn-2016 in reply to Cooper27

thank you Cooper27 so using just baking powder wont help - i am looking for making the bread rise, using sourdough but no success

Cooper27
Cooper27Moderator in reply to learn-2016

I think sourdough doesn't rise as much as normal bread, but there's a few things you need to look at: is your sourdough at the right temperature? Too hot & the culture dies, too cold and it "slows down". Are you leaving it long enough to rise properly?

Winter will affect sourdough too :)

learn-2016
learn-2016 in reply to Cooper27

Thank you Cooper27, am aware of it not rising like the regular bread, but a little rising will help - but no such luck, Yes i left it long enough like the recipe says - i tried using spelt flour and other gluten free flour. I even tried with spelt flour - not sure if gluten free.

I keep mine in the oven with a black bag to cover it to keep warm.

You may also like...