Chickpeas in satay sauce with Basmati rice ... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
41,890 members β€’ 7,626 posts

Chickpeas in satay sauce with Basmati rice and red quinoa. 🌢

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
β€’11 Replies

Hi everyone,

I decided to cook the veg in my fridge for tea and had a curry with red onion, garlic, red pepper, hot chilli's, chestnut mushrooms, baby plum tomatoes, crunchy peanut butter, tamari with coriander, cumin, ginger, turmeric, black pepper and paprika and and chia seeds. (Tamari is gluten free soy sauce)

To give the rice a boost I added a little red quinoa which adds to the colour as well, it was an easy meal to cook.

Zest made a satay sauce and I thought I'm having some of that and it was really good, so a great idea there. I'm easily influenced...LOL.

Enjoy your evening. 😊

11 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

Wow, Jerry! That looks really good! I may try to do that later this week. :-)

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Activity2004

Hey thanks Leah 😊

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator
in reply to Jerry

Curry is one of my favorite things to eat.

Hi Jerry

Your Curry looks really great. Glad that your Satay sauce turned out well - lovely blend of colours, flavours and textures. Yum!

Zest :-)

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest and thanks for the idea. 😊

Zest
Zest
in reply to Jerry

I'll be copying and pasting your recipe for your Curry - it is great! I am sure I'd really enjoy that. :-)

That looks very tasty Jerry. I love curry and spicy food, so I will be giving this a go!

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Agoodenough

Thanks Ali, I love hot spicy foods too. 😊

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub

That looks really yummy Jerry and I could eat it now. I'm going to copy the ingredients you used and make it myself.

Thank you for sharing.

Alicia :)

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to crazyfitness

Thank you for saying that Alicia. 😊

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub
in reply to Jerry

Finally I replied ha ha. I have been off the PC for quite a while now as have been spending a lot of time with family and haven't been near the PC, maybe not a bad idea to have a break sometimes but I do love this forum and miss it. :)

You may also like...