Healthy Eating
31,280 members4,284 posts

The Clever Guts recipe book

The Clever Guts recipe book

My eldest daughter very kindly bought me the Clever Guts Recipe Diet book and I was absolutely thrilled as I have read the Clever Guts Diet book by Dr Mosley and I really enjoyed the book so much so I am going to read the book again. I have now made the Paneer Curry out of the book and it was really nice and not too hot.

I am also pleased to say that my eating habits are changing quite a bit and I made a homemade vanilla sponge for my hubby today and wasn't the slight bit interested in 'licking' the bowl out like I used to do, that is definitely a step in the right direction.

12 Replies
oldestnewest

The paneer curry looks great! How long did it take to cook along with the vanilla sponge cake?

Hi Activity2004 , in the recipe book it says that the curry took some effort to prepare and cook but I found it quite simple to follow and didn't think it took that long, I also made the cauliflower rice as suggested in the book. I can't remember at the top of my head how long it took but I did find it very easy to follow and the ingredients were listed in order of use which was handy. Once I had cooked the vegetables I transferred it to my slow cooker to keep it hot.

The book also gives the calorie counts for the food but I no longer calorie count, I just try and eat healthily. My one vice in life is Mocha which I absolutely love but I am thinking of ways to improve that.

The vanilla sponge cake is a recipe I have used for quite a long time and it's a AllrecipesUK recipe and it's the best vanilla sponge I have ever made, I made my granddaughter's rainbow cake using the recipe and I have been told it tasted really good.

1 like

Sounds great!😀👍

It was really nice and many recipes to come - here's to gut friendly and healthy eating. :)

HI Alicia,

I have also read this book, it's really good - I got my copy from the library, and really enjoyed it. Some lovely recipes in it as well. Your Paneer Curry looks fantastic.

Zest :-)

Hi Zest

It's an amazing book and to also learn about how our system work is quite amazing, I am going to read it again. I was so pleased to get the recipe book and am working my way through that one and going to try a few recipes.

Alicia :)

This looks really good! I have the recipe book myself, we tried a couple of dishes (the beetroot burgers are really nice), but I need to dig it out again :)

Thank you. I love the sound of the beetroot burgers, my next go to recipe I feel. :)

1 like

They were great, although it took longer to cook than I expected! I would grate the beetroot rather than chop it, it will cook a lot faster!

Sorry to take so long to get back, I haven't been on the computer as I've been out and about. Thank you so much for the tip, it's really helpful. I can understand what you are saying as when I made the Paneer Curry from the book the ginger was still in chunks and had a bite to it so I was glad I actually like ginger. ;)

I grate ginger too - you can go on the broad or fine grating sides. Much quicker too!

Thank you Cooper and that is what I am planning to do next time, it's a fabulous cookbook though and shows you can still enjoy lovely food and it's healthy and better for our guts.

You may also like...