A healthier diet πŸ˜€ A new start! But where do I begin?

Hi everyone πŸ™‚ Quick bio: female, 54, lives with partner/caveman, exercises twice a week, practices mindfulness, works 4 days a week and finally feels normal after starting the menopause πŸ˜€ I love my food, love cooking but feel stagnant and stuck with the same old meals and 'old' nutritional advice. I want to make sure I'm doing the best for my body, mental health and general wellbeing but don't know where to start. I feel like I'm completely out of date knowledge wise but don't have the patience to read through countless conflicting articles that leave me more confused.... I know it's a big ask based on very limited information but does anyone have any advice on where to start? Thanks in anticipation (now where's that old Mrs Beetons Cook book ha ha!πŸ˜‚)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Trabelle. I'm in a similar position to you, just started, but I'm male. I have found Aviva Romm's Adrenal Thyroid Revolution book most useful about diet. The book is directed to women, but, after all, we are all humans (men, women...). She has a schematic, almost scientific layout in her recipe section at the back of the book. Her aim is to heal the adrenals and thyroid naturally in the first instance...

• Hi Trabelle and also Welcome to RobinPaulWilliams,

Personally I think the NHS 12 week plan is really good, and it is linked to this forum, as well as the Weight loss forum, both of which are great resources - so maybe have a look through and see what you think?

Here is a link to the 12 week plan:

nhs.uk/Tools/Documents/WEIG...

Good luck!

Zest :-)

• Hi Trabelle

Welcome

You may also like...