Buckwheat and diabetes,: Hi everyone... - Gluten Free Guerr...

Gluten Free Guerrillas
9,254 members3,795 posts

Buckwheat and diabetes,

Hi everyone,

As buckwheat is gluten free and contains some of the essential amino acids making it a good choice protein wise. It helps to manage blood sugar levels and as obesity and diabetes affects all walks of life and many coeliac have type 2 diabetes I think that this is useful to know. And there's buckwheat pancakes...

I'm a coeliac and thankfully I don't have diabetes but feel the more info that's out there about it the better as its reaching epidemic proportions.

Here's a link:

ndtv.com/food/including-buc...

And here's a link to HU's other diabetic forums:

healthunlocked.com/drwfdiab...

healthunlocked.com/diabetes...

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Thanks for the useful link. I eat buckwheat and make pancakes with the flour but will eat more now that I know if has good nutritional value (unlike supermarket gf products)

1 like

Hi Jerry

Thanks very much for posting this very interesting article (I’ve only just seen it, having been spending time with the grandchildren)

I don’t have diabetes either, but I do like to use buckwheat flour. Didn’t realise that it originated in Asia, have always associated it with Russia. The recipes look worth a try, particularly the kasha bread, and we will have to try some smoked salmon on our blinis.

Happy New Year to you!

2 likes

Thanks Penny, I was pleased to find that buckwheat is so wholesome and I have to agree that Kasha bread looks amazing, I guess its buckwheat soda bread so may have to make some.

And a Happy New Year to you Penny. 😊

2 likes

You may also like...