I've been off work sick since 14th january with my back. The GP has now managed to bring the worst of the pain under control with morphine. I take 20mg time release capsules twice a day and top up with oramorph. So although it's not taken away the pain and weakness in total it's enough that I can just manage to function. So I was planning on going back to work but overnight mother nature decided to to dump about 4 inches of snow on our little village now there was no way I was going to risk doing the 45 mile commute in that.
So I emailed them and said I'd work from home (fairly common practice in our company) my boss was not happy.
I can't believe it I've been off a month I'm coming back when not completely fit but if I wait for that then I'd never go back. TBH I'm only working these days as my OH refuses to discuss me giving up work. We are lucky enough that we dont need my salary. But the way it works at the moment is that I pay all of the food and household bills and he puts money into a savings account. So I guess if I quit he'll have to pay all of the bills etc and there would be less in the savings but he does earn double what I do and my job is so stressful I'm sure it makes things worse plus I no longer enjoy it as I find it really tough because of the fibro fog.
Anyway I have gone off on a tangent again.... I was trying to say it seems as though mother nature has decided I need a couple of extra days at home lol