personality traits

whats your personality trait, are you a cup half empty or half full.My family call me a jack russell, I never give in, if someone tells me I cant do something Ill show them I can. Im going to have to adapt my life. My gp was suprised Im so upbeat, with everything I have but what the hell lifes too short, Im not dying. I rarely show my crumpled side, usually have a cry with my social worker but I do hid alot from others

Hundreds of health communities
Feedback on your experiences
Locate others near you
One-on-one private messaging

You need to sign up or log in to reply

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I used to be cup half full, swinging lately to cut half empty with every battle I have to fight.

Not sure about personality trait , I'm like a domestic cat I guess . Docile when fed and stroked but with claws and teeth if I'm pushed lol .

• sounds like me to,

• Like everyone else I was always a glass half full person.I`m 58 and have been in pain all my life.But always enjoyed a good laugh and a joke over a moan anyday.

I threw my glass away this year when on top of all the things I had going on I was told I have fibro and sjogrens.

I have a couple of friends who have the audacity to sit and bemoan the most stupid of things,when they have their health,relative wealth,children and grandchildren.All things I don`t have.

Then I have a go,a lot can be said with humour to take the sting out of the tail,but now and then a bloody good verbal slap is called for LOL.

I suppose I do still have my glass as I am sitting here thinking how nice paint smells(my neighbour is decorating for me)and my Yorkie is making me laugh as she want`s attention and is threatening to sit on the keyboard.

The simplist of things make me happy. :-)

Love and hugs Butterfly54xxxxxxx

• hi i agree with you lally you have to make the best of things lifes to short to be moaning and groaning. yes i get down and have a rant at hubby(poor man)hes so laid back and good and suprotive and i sometimes have a good cry which i usualy feel better after. I'm better since accepting i have FM/CFS and all it brings withit and that i cant do what i used to but its very frustrating at times. mind with fibro fog we can have a good laugh at some of the things i do. soft hugs xx

• Ive always been a "go-getter" the sort of person everyone comes to with their problems (and I would usually sort them :-) ) I raised my daughter alone and have looked after over 40-50 foster children as a single carer, I have always loved a good night out with friends and enjoyed life (although its not always been easy) BUT now I am finding it increasingly difficult to "put on a brave face" to be there for others, I make excuses not to go out, I dont like to moan but find myself slipping into a good old moan (I feel nobody listens when I do have a moan anyway :-( ) after years as seeing my glass half full, I'm afraid my glass is rapidly becoming EMPTY! xx

You need to sign up or log in to reply

You may also like...

Hundreds of health communities
Feedback on your experiences
Locate others near you
One-on-one private messaging