Do I have Fibromyalgia?

I am sorry this may be a long post. It all started 12 years ago when I was 22, I got a really bad headache and have had it ever since. Anything sinister was ruled out. The consultant said I had chronic tension headaches. Painkillers do not help much, so I just tried to cope with it. I have always felt like I ache all over (not really painful) and that when anyone just as much as puts their finger on me it hurts. I do sleep ok (sometimes waking up in the middle of the night) but never feel refreshed in the morning. About a year ago I started to get terrible neck and shoulder pains, I find this hard to cope with on top of my headache. When I touch my head, neck or shoulder it really hurts. My legs feel restless, but the pain is nothing compared to my top half. I also often feel anxious. I had never heard of Fibromyalgis before until I searched head,neck and shoulder pain. Could I have It?

Sorry if it seems like i am rambling,this is my first ever post.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Cat,

We can't tell you if you have fibro, only a GP can tell you that or at least send you for tests.

I can tell you my fibro, but it is different for everyone. My head (nose and above) is the only place that doesn't hurt! But I do suffer with migraines occasionally and I can't imagine having them all the time. It must be awful for you.

The pain would suggest tension/stress to the area due to the headaches but I'm not an expert hunni.

Maybe you could write down your symptoms and take them to a GP?

Good Luck

xxx

• I started hurting all over and it lasted 3 months before i made an appointment with gp. yes it was fibro and i thought it was a virus xx

• Could you ask your GP to refer you to a rhematologist?

• Thanks for your replies. I will write all my symptoms down and make an appointment with my GP. hopefully I will get some help at last, I had given up with the doctors years ago and tried to cope with my symptoms but the pain is really affecting my life. xx

• It sounds very similar, but we cant tell you sorry.

It started with my neck at first, the burning pain was unreal. It took me a long while to get diagnosed so you should mention to your gp, and take a full list of your symptoms and it also helps if you start a diary of things that happen.

Hope you get sorted soon as it is not nice not knowing.

But you are definatly in the right place for advice and support. :)

hugs, kel xxx

• Thanks, it's nice to be able to ask people who understand xx

You may also like...