This coming Saturday, May 12th is International Fibromyalgia Syndrome Awareness Day!
I know some of you have been discussing what you could do, so here are some simple ideas of how to raise awareness:
* Follow us on Twitter @FibroAction & RT (reTweet) our posts.
* Like the FibroAction Facebook page (it's kinda new and lonely!): facebook.com/fibroaction
* Put something on your Facebook status, such as "May 12th is International Fibromyalgia Syndrome Awareness Day. I have Fibro, as do 2 million other people in the UK. Get info here: fibroaction.org/Pages/About..."
* If your local hospital, surgery, clinic or support group would like flyers or posters on Fibro, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Buy a FibroAction or Fibro Sucks! t-shirt, bag or badge and wear it with pride! fibroaction.org/Pages/Fibro...
* Call your local paper or radio station and ask if they would like to do a piece on you, your local support group, an event you may have organised or just on the fact that it is the awareness week.
* Make an effort to tell people about your Fibro.
To see events and dates related to Fibro, you can check out our Calendar of Events here: