Fibromyalgia Action UK
42,794 members54,939 posts

Burning hands and feet

My hands and my feet burn like anything when I get warm in bed. Feel like plunging them in cold water. Wakes me up all the time. Does anyone else get this and does any medication help. I think it's nerve pain

15 Replies
oldestnewest

hi there I have this too, ive not fount out what to do about it yet, I think its nerve pain, not sure, I take Pregabalin for the other parts nerve pain, maybe I'm not getting enough off them, its a horrid thing, I stick mine out the bed covers lol, it works a treat , x

1 like

That's exactly what I do. Then I must fall asleep and get chilly and pull them back in and it starts all over again. Very tiring.

Such a relief Heh ! My knees have started to do the same, Now I don't want to freeze to death lol..x

Do you take pregablin daily or when needed. I have only been prescribed co codamol which doesn't help with the burning pain.

2 likes

I take this twice a day ,I think I'm needing them increased, I take Naproxin. and Nefopan Hydroclorid

My will burn away and once they start it is very difficult to do much wish I could unscrew them some days. I too stick them out if the bed and I find that freeze gel helps a bit and outting a cold, damp cloth in them. Pregablin has helped eased down the intensity of some of the tiger burning pains but not the feet one.

When I first got the burning calves and feet my GP gave me iron tablets as he said that a lack of iron could often cause it but unfortunately it didn't work in my case. You have my sympathy.x

2 likes

Hi yes I get this, my hands often swell and go red too... x

2 likes

Yes I get this, I use ibuprofen gel on them, this helps a bit. Also hang my feet out of bed. Lots of us seem to get these symptoms. Hope you find some relief X

1 like

I have the same problem with feet and lower legs. I have bought a chillow, if it wakes me I put it under my legs till they cool down. It’s the only thing that seems to work for me, I have tried meds, but they didn’t work.

Funnily enough I have just bought a chillow too. I have it under my pillow and stick my hot hands under. Might get another for my feet! I'll be sleeping in the fridge soon!

Hi, I have this too! When my hands burn they swell up!

I'm on Pregablin, Tramadol & Morphine Sulphate, I never seem to have a good day! As soon as I walk I'm in pain and my feet burn, I can't walk far else I'm on my knee's.

I do know what your feeling.

Yes every day seems to bring another weird symptom!

I was originally prescribed Co Codamol which didn't work for me! If I was you and it's not working go back to the GP and tell him all your symptoms and he might ut you on Pregablin!! You can only try.

But I must say its not a miracle cure! For me it hasn't disappeared but the intensity is more manageable if I don't do anything to aggravate it.

I hope this helps!

I will ask go when I next see him. Does pregablin help with the other aches and pains too.

By the way I can't walk very far now either. Struggle to go and post a letter.

You may also like...