***Any advice would be greatly appreciated please***
I am a new user, I have come back time and time again to the possibility of FM, but kept just leaving it and not mentioning it to my doctors.
Something never feels 'quite right' with me. I'm 34 now but for many years I've suffered from different ailments, usually resulting in an 'oh I'll send you to physio', 'oh you're depressed', 'oh you have an inner ear infection' etc etc. Starting to think they'll diagnose me with hypochondria soon lol.
Over the years, I have suffered with / been diagnosed with (and all are still present):
• Depression (Diagnosed)
• Anxiety (Diagnosed)
• Numbness, tingling, weakness in my hands
• Dizzy spells, usually if lying on my back and with standing (told it was probably due to low blood pressure)
• Low blood pressure (Diagnosed)
• Back pain (MRI diagnosed a tear in my L5/S1 disc and degeneration in the lumbar spine)
• Neck pain (MRI diagnosed degeneration in my C spine)
• Shoulder blade (muscle) pain
• Sciatica (Diagnosed)
• Weakness and pain in my arms and legs. I've been gradually getting increasing pain and tenderness along my shin bones and my forearms in the last 6-12 months too
• Jaw pain
• Knee pain / weakness
• Trouble sleeping
• Tired a lot
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Diagnosed)
• My eyesight is 'shadowy', not sure I'd say blurred but jumpy, never quite right, even with glasses
• Memory loss, struggle to remember what I did yesterday, but can recall numbers etc easily and long term memory seems ok.
• Struggle to concentrate at times.
Do you think it could be FM? It hasn't stopped me working, although I've been off sick a few times for 5/6 weeks each time, due to stress and anxiety, as everything becomes too much all at once.
From what I've seen it's not easy to diagnose and I'm worried I'll be laughed at, but had loads of blood tests over the years, tested for coeliac, immunodeficiency test etc etc and other than the MRI's on my back and neck, nothing concrete has ever come back. Felt for a long time that maybe I'm just overreacting or a complainer but wondering if it may be FM, as I try my best to do everything I can but it feels like there is always something wrong and I get fed up of the sound of my own voice sometimes 😢
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.