New girl aboard!

Good morning, I've just discovered this little community and have been scrolling through. My fibro has halted my journey to work, again, today. I have a lovely manager who lets me work from home at these times but I feel so guilty! Am I alone in wishing that there was something for others to SEE when a fibro attack is happening? I always look well and I'm sure people think I'm making it up! It's so frustrating! Anyhow, it's nice to know I'm not alone x

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello and Welcome ktb.....I think most of us would agree with you that it would be good if there was some outward symptoms of fibro+ as we may get a little more understanding. One thing is for sure....Never feel guilty!! I know exactly what you mean and I am sure we have all felt it at times but I am glad you can work from home when necessary.....You are no longer alone and you can rant and rave and cry and laugh with us any time......xx

• Good morning :)

Welcome to the forum :) It is wonderful to have you here with us.

I couldn't agree more with regard to looking well, but being in immense pain.

I am in pain 24/7 and after 34 years of work, have finally had to give in and give up.

Here is a link about how to lock your posts, just for the sake of internet safety:

healthunlocked.com/fibromya...

This is just a very quick hello. I don't have an answer to looking well but some days barely being able to move or walk.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

Wishing you less pain and more peace

Lu x

Admin

• Hello and welcome to our friendly supportive site where you can get great advice and information with a giggle to lighten the day.

Have you looked at our mother site? fmauk.org

The blue pinned posts at the right side and the topics will give you a flavour of what we do here.

You are right, we can feel our worse yet still look quite well. I just smile when someone comments about me looking well although sometimes I wish there was a flashing sign on my forehead that said I am not!

You are really lucky you have such a thoughtful employer, it does help with the stress of working.

Hope to see you around posting more.

Take care

• Hi ktb12 I see you have been given site link that will answer your questions by Lu so I just wanted to say Hi & welcome to our lovely forum.

Peace, luv n light

Jan x

• I do understand what you mean but I for one am glad I don't look as dreadful as I feel, I look positively robust until I walk xx

• Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I want to genuinely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Hello and welcome! Your right it is a little community not just a page or site, I hope you come to enjoy and be lifted it as I do.

One think I was taught was never give yourself negative self talk that you wouldn't give to a friend. So ditch the guilt, you are ill! Your doing an amazing job just by working alone. I'm afraid I had to give up a career in something I thouroughly enjoyed three years back at 45 and had a lot of guilt about that being a macho, chest thumping, bread on table alpha male! Lol

I hope your having a low pain day

Patrick x

You may also like...