PIP appeal

Hi, I had been awarded pip in may 2015 at the standard rate for care component and mobility. I recently tried to up the mobility to the enhanced rate. I have arthritis in my neck spine and hips aswell as FM. My whole claim was rejected and cancelled. I requested a reconsideration which has also been declined. I now have until the 28/7 to go to the appeal. Does anyone know how long it takes roughly to get an appeal date and how many weeks/months in advance do they book the dates? Thank you :)

7 Replies

• You need to get some advice as it can get complicated I went to dial as the have advisors that deal with appeals I am sorry you have had your award removed this seems so cruel

• Have you had an appeal Junebee? How long did it take?

• My friend just appealed and hers took abut 6 weeks.

• What was her result?

• Hi Milder

I am so genuinely sorry to read this and I would seek some professional help from either the CAB or from Janet who is the FMA UK benefits adviser. I have pasted you her contact details below:

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Sorry but in my opinion this action is to stop people from appealing even though they should be entitled to a higher rate. It is despicable that if you appeal then you can lose the whole lot. Something needs to be done about it. disgusting

• There is no set timetable for Appeal timings; it depends upon the pressure on the Tribunal for you area at any given time, unfortunately.

You may also like...